Selling my Chanel Flap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelato

Aug 7, 2013
I bought a preowned small classic flap last year. I paid €2300, which I now realise was too much considering its condition. Since the priceincrease it has gone up to €3400 and I'm starting to feel like I can't carry such an expensive handbag. I would rather buy some extra stocks or another bag instead of owning a really expensive handbag which I don't use. I've therefore decided to sell the bag.

I have advertised it on a local website, but it seems like it's hard to sell it here. Guess most people are not willing to pay that much for a handbag.

So where should I sell my Chanel and where do I get best paid for it? eBay? Or is there any other good website? How about Malleries or Yoogiscloset?

I went through a similar ordeal with my black lambskin classic flap. It was from the 90s, so pretty vintage. It sold on ebay for about $1000 USD. It really depends on the condition but it seems as though the older bags (especially vintage or lambskin) tend to sell at much lower pricepoints than their newer 2014 counterparts. If it is hard to sell for you, it could be the pricepoint. Hope this helps.

I bought a preowned small classic flap last year. I paid €2300, which I now realise was too much considering its condition. Since the priceincrease it has gone up to €3400 and I'm starting to feel like I can't carry such an expensive handbag. I would rather buy some extra stocks or another bag instead of owning a really expensive handbag which I don't use. I've therefore decided to sell the bag.

I have advertised it on a local website, but it seems like it's hard to sell it here. Guess most people are not willing to pay that much for a handbag.

So where should I sell my Chanel and where do I get best paid for it? eBay? Or is there any other good website? How about Malleries or Yoogiscloset?

Where do you live?

I went through a similar ordeal with my black lambskin classic flap. It was from the 90s, so pretty vintage. It sold on ebay for about $1000 USD. It really depends on the condition but it seems as though the older bags (especially vintage or lambskin) tend to sell at much lower pricepoints than their newer 2014 counterparts. If it is hard to sell for you, it could be the pricepoint. Hope this helps.

Thank you! It's not that old though, from 2005, but it's quite worn. It's a lambskin in silver hardware. I think that the ones with silver hardware are more popular right now, but I may be wrong.

Thank you! It's not that old though, from 2005, but it's quite worn. It's a lambskin in silver hardware. I think that the ones with silver hardware are more popular right now, but I may be wrong.

The condition is the thing that will decrease the attractiveness of this to many; they want a used bag but with a great price. I think there are a few choices for you there; we have members in your country who might help suggest sites. If you want the easiest, then selling it to somewhere like Yoogi's might be the answer, but you'll not get top dollar. These days ebay is not such a great place, and if you've not sold high end goods there you'll have it rough. If it's so worn, then why not just keep it?

The condition is the thing that will decrease the attractiveness of this to many; they want a used bag but with a great price. I think there are a few choices for you there; we have members in your country who might help suggest sites. If you want the easiest, then selling it to somewhere like Yoogi's might be the answer, but you'll not get top dollar. These days ebay is not such a great place, and if you've not sold high end goods there you'll have it rough. If it's so worn, then why not just keep it?

Then I guess I should stay away from eBay, sounds way to complicated for me.

I know I won't use it within the next ten years. I am also a student so I can't afford having a such expensive handbag collecting dust in my wardrobe.

I might have exaggerated a bit, the thing about it's condition is that one of the edges has become a bit kind of squeezed. Apart from that, the condition is fine.

I'm kinda experiencing the same situation. I have a used, carried only a couple of times, but in excellent condition classic flap in black caviar that I would really like to sell.
Agree with TUTU that ebay is not bringing great prices...what's a girl to do??!!

I'm kinda experiencing the same situation. I have a used, carried only a couple of times, but in excellent condition classic flap in black caviar that I would really like to sell.
Agree with TUTU that ebay is not bringing great prices...what's a girl to do??!!

The best thing to do? Think long and hard before making a large purchase. I mean long and hard. Don't buy on a whim, do your research about the item (whether it's a bag, shoes, or a new brand of coffee), see if it works with you and your lifestyle, and ask yourself if you can see yourself using it in a month, a year, 5 years, a decade, and longer. Go to a place that actually has the item and try it out (try it on, look inside, see if your things fit well, see how it looks on you in the mirror, etc.).

Don't buy with the intent that it's an "investment" unless you are buying stocks or bonds or real estate (and even with those, you don't find anyone just blindly picking out a stock because the initials look cute on the DJ, and they are usually seen as more long term investments). Buy a bag because you are using it as a bag, not as a cash cow. It will usually disappoint you if you do, and you won't get out of it what it costs. Same for diamonds and other jewelry, which depreciate the instant it's yours (just like a car or a motorcycle does).

If you are just crazy mad about it, wait a few days or a week and really truly think about it once you've seen it and know how it works for you. THEN and only then, think about making the purchase, but don't think you'll get anywhere near to what you pay for it back.

Friends, please always search first. This question about selling pricey goods is asked literally daily. There's a TON of wonderful info already here if you look for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.