Selling MK (and DKNY) on eBay

becca7401

Feb 11, 2017
Hi all,

After I graduated in 2014, I went into my first well-paid job and I went absolutely crazy buying "affordable" designer handbags - principally, Michael Kors, DKNY, Kate Spade and Rebecca Minkoff. I was buying a handbag a week at one stage and, as a result, have a collection of more than 50 of these bags. Some of them are classics - a Black Hamilton, Navy Selma etc. but many are seasonal or even sale purchases.

Since then, I have grown up (a little bit) and although I still buy far more handbags than a 'normal' person, I tend towards pricier brands - Chanel, Celine, Mulberry, Anya Hindmarch etc. and only purchase around once a month.

My question is this - I very rarely even look at my 'affordable' handbags anymore and I can't justify the space they take up. However, I have looked on eBay and the prices they are going for seem to suggest listing them isn't really worth the hassle. Besides, I have no feedback on eBay (I've only purchased two small items in the past and neither of the sellers left feedback) and I imagine this would impact the money I would get for them. Similarly, I am totally new to second hand/pre-loved bags - I've always bought new and never sold a bag before. Has anyone got any advice? Thanks in advance!

You could join a local Facebook buy/sell group. I'm in one and I see people do closet purges like this all the time. You might not be able to sell everything, but some of it might go! The bonus is also that by selling to a neighbor, they come pick it up and pay in person, so neither of you have to pay shipping cost or worry about being scammed.

If you don't want to bother with taking the time to list & wait for them to sell, you can always donate them to a charity, church thrift shop, Salvation Army, ect & take a tax write off of your taxes for the year.

You can still sell on eBay! I was just reading some articles online and there are ways to get people to leave feedback more often. You can package it up really nicely and send thank you for your purchase cards. You have to start somewhere!

I think you mentioned that you were based in the UK right? I suggest selling them as a private seller on Vestiaire or Rebelle. I find that KS and MK are quite easy to sell as long as you're reasonable with the pricing.
I wouldn't sell anything over £100 on ebay, I've heard so many horror stories, and I can't afford to risk it.

I am well know on eBay def id than this. Summer is a slow time to sell Bags. So sell some cheap now give and ask for feedback. Take 12 Pictures bottom corners inside hardware etc. List heavy in September and October or when school is about to start. My Bags used to sell in one week and now 7 to 30 Days the market is flooded with over production MK Bags etc. My Prada and other are not setting the world on fire right now either.