Selling LV for first time on eBay

Missbing

Jun 20, 2016
Hi forum, I've been thinking about selling one of my LV bags on eBay. I've sold items on eBay in the past. Mainly comics, some electronics and stuff around the house. I've been scammed twice over the 10 years I've been selling on eBay. This will be the first time that I'll be selling something so expensive and I'm worried about getting scammed again. I don't want to go to Fashionphile or Yogis Closet because they're offering me a lot less than what I think I can get. My question is does FedEx of UPS allow recording on the premises? And can this work in my favor for potential returns? If I sell the purse, I would like to record all angles of the purse, packing it in the box and giving it to the associate. I'm hoping if I do this and mention this in the item description that it will cut back on potential scammers or fake returns. What are your thoughts?

Hi forum, I've been thinking about selling one of my LV bags on eBay. I've sold items on eBay in the past. Mainly comics, some electronics and stuff around the house. I've been scammed twice over the 10 years I've been selling on eBay. This will be the first time that I'll be selling something so expensive and I'm worried about getting scammed again. I don't want to go to Fashionphile or Yogis Closet because they're offering me a lot less than what I think I can get. My question is does FedEx of UPS allow recording on the premises? And can this work in my favor for potential returns? If I sell the purse, I would like to record all angles of the purse, packing it in the box and giving it to the associate. I'm hoping if I do this and mention this in the item description that it will cut back on potential scammers or fake returns. What are your thoughts?
I do something similar even to items I send to FP. I even record the weight for my reference and use specific tape that shows if it's been tampered with. I usually pay more to get shipping insurance for what the bag is worth so if anything happens it's insured for what I paid not what I sold it for. I also pay to have a specific person sign that way it offers more protection for me.
Have you looked at the FB LV groups? I off loaded a lot of my canvas items there with no trouble.

I do something similar even to items I send to FP. I even record the weight for my reference and use specific tape that shows if it's been tampered with. I usually pay more to get shipping insurance for what the bag is worth so if anything happens it's insured for what I paid not what I sold it for. I also pay to have a specific person sign that way it offers more protection for me.
Have you looked at the FB LV groups? I off loaded a lot of my canvas items there with no trouble.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll look into the Facebook groups.

I have only sold small LV items under $300 on eBay (like mini pochette) and haven't had a problem. I've also sold more expensive non-LV bags but those had a smaller fan base so I feel like I was less likely to get a bad buyer.

For more expensive LV items I have sold on local Facebook groups. It's easier to weed out scammers, impulse buyers, and people that have no clue what they're doing. I have had some nightmare experiences (1 lady agreed to a price and I went out of my way to meet her, then she tried to pull the "I only have this much money will you sell it to me anyway" when we were face to face so I gave her a piece of my mind for wasting my time and left, learned not to go out of my way), but nothing 100% terrible that has stopped me from selling local. You can also ship instead of meeting in person and utilize PayPal protection for those groups if you wish. I have had lots of success with unloading non-LV bags with Facebook groups too.

Good luck! :smile:

I've sold a few LV bags on EBay and masses of other designer bags over the years without any problems at all. Maybe I've been lucky, I've had a few more problems with smaller household items but I've sold a great deal as we are de-cluttering for a house move. Initially I swapped my collection about a lot, more recently I've been downsizing and sold most of the ones I plan too.
I've sold far more on EBay than FB and found I got far more time wasters on FB than EBay. One in particular asked masses of questions over a few weeks and wanted loads of extra photos (on top of the 25 I'd added!) I don't think she ever planned to buy.
There are pros and cons for both, FB you can add more photos but they have to be watermarked and different groups have different rules! It's much of a muchness in the end as all payments are by PP and they can always raise a dispute for up to 6 months........so it is scary :panic:

If you want to get the best price for your bag I'd definitely recommend it. I always advertise bags on EBay when they have a "sell for £1 offer" and also put them on FB. Charges are high if you send them away to consignment.
I've no idea if FedEx or UPS will allow you to do this but it sounds a good idea if you can, otherwise take photos as you pack it up.

Last edited: