Selling gift cards

May 1, 2011
I recently returned some old items to stores that don't have time limit on returns. Since the items were so old, the receipts wouldn't scan, so I couldn't get money back to my credit card and instead got merchandise credits on gift cards. I no longer shop at these stores, so am wondering if I can sell the gift cards. I've googled and seen sites that will buy these. Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with doing this?

I'm a bit nervous because I would hate to lose this money by trying one of these sites and being scammed...

Sep 27, 2007
i recently sold a gift card to cardpool (i chose to receive amazon payment instead of a check) and i got paid timely. they were also recently acquired by blackhawk networks, so that means good news for the company.

May 1, 2011
Stephsworld, that's the site I'm considering. Did you mail in the gift card or use the electronic option? I would want to mail it in.

I think I may try this first with one of the smaller value gift cards, just in case!

Sep 27, 2007
i chose the mail in my gift card since the payout is slightly higher than the electronic option. also, if you choose amazon payment, that's 5% higher as well.

nancy82

Jan 27, 2009
I just got ripped off selling a gift card :sad:

Person used my gift card and said they never received it :sad: