Selling contemporary brands?

May 17, 2006
I'm just wondering where people have had the most luck selling contemporary brands like Tory Burch, Coach 1941, etc.? I know of Ebay, Poshmark, Mercari, etc., but I didn't know if there are other selling platforms I'm unaware of? Or, if there are consignment/direct buyout sites out there that will take these brands?

I ditched all my Stella McCartney bags at a pretty upscale consignment store. Much easier than shipping, worrying about buyers not paying or causing problems, etc... I just drop them off and cash the check when they sell.

Reactions: IntheOcean
I'm just wondering where people have had the most luck selling contemporary brands like Tory Burch, Coach 1941, etc.? I know of Ebay, Poshmark, Mercari, etc., but I didn't know if there are other selling platforms I'm unaware of? Or, if there are consignment/direct buyout sites out there that will take these brands?
Depop is another option. Definitely crosspost across multiple platforms for the fastest sale.
Additionally, you could try brand-specific Facebook groups!

I ditched all my Stella McCartney bags at a pretty upscale consignment store. Much easier than shipping, worrying about buyers not paying or causing problems, etc... I just drop them off and cash the check when they sell.
Yes, it certainly is easier! The items I'm currently selling are all contemporary though - Coach (1941, so arguably nicer and higher quality than other Coach items, but still), Tory Burch, Kate Spade, Rebecca Minkoff, etc.

Depop is another option. Definitely crosspost across multiple platforms for the fastest sale.
Additionally, you could try brand-specific Facebook groups!
I've never sold on Depop, but it's definitely one to check out - thanks!

I have found ebay to be the best for contemporary stuff. TRR has always taken a very long time to sell my contemporary items but my designer stuff sells the same day. I don't think TRR's primary audience is looking for contemporary. TRR takes a big chunk of the sale so you'll make so much more on your own. You might also try Poshmark.

Reactions: dramaprincess713