**Selling/consigning** with Fashionphile

From reading the BBB complaints, they don't all seem very transparent in their complaints. Especially the several that complain about sudden account restrictions. I've used Fashionphile and TRR for a few years with and without trouble, but still haven't been locked.

It seems like there is a little more going on than is led by the negative reviews. It also appears filing a negative review is the easiest way to get a few more bucks on a quote if it changes later.

I am concerned over the review of 01/17/2024 where a counterfeit was sold. It is a contrast to the review on 9/18/2023, where someone is attempting to guilt or push their counterfeits through Fashionphile.

From reading the BBB complaints, they don't all seem very transparent in their complaints. Especially the several that complain about sudden account restrictions. I've used Fashionphile and TRR for a few years with and without trouble, but still haven't been locked.

It seems like there is a little more going on than is led by the negative reviews. It also appears filing a negative review is the easiest way to get a few more bucks on a quote if it changes later.

I am concerned over the review of 01/17/2024 where a counterfeit was sold. It is a contrast to the review on 9/18/2023, where someone is attempting to guilt or push their counterfeits through Fashionphile.

Uuugh. I'm sure counterfeits get passed through here and there. Sometimes I feel nervous buying a bag I was watching that sold and then was returned. It makes me think of what was happenkng to LV just a few yrs ago. Someone would buy the LV bag at a LV Boutique, do a return a few days later with a super fake of the bag purchased.
Then someone else buys the fake. Now it's nearly impossible to do with the chips. I just hope people aren't doing the same thing at FP. I'm not sure if they evaluate the bag throughly for each return before they put it back online. I know the FP tag is on the bag but they make fakes of everything these days. So far so good for me. I haven't purchased a fake to my knowledge.

i have sent them over 30 bags to sell for me and i also have some problems with them. The first time i sent them a bag i thought they would look at the bag and let me know how much they were going to list it for and we would discuss a price to sell it but they just decided the price and listed it on there site. If i knew how much they were going to sell some of my bags for i would have told them to return them instead. For example i have a lot of brand new bags that i never use i sent them a never used ellipse mm and after the 30% ebay and paypal fees all i got for an $1100 bag is $432. If i knew that i would have just kept it. I do sell on ebay and i know its such a hassle. I am afraid that people would scam me now that ebay has changed there rules. Someone i know sold an authentic fendi bag and the buyer said it was fake and without any questions paypal just gave back the $ to the buyer without the buyer having to send back the bag so she was out the $ and the bag. I dont have time for that drama so even though its a loss i continue to send my bags to fashionphile. They never even update me on my items. When i send them emails they never answer all my questions and forget getting paid on time. It also takes them weeks to put the bags on ebay. Being unemployed i feel i have no choice but to send my items to her. I totally understand how you feel.
I sell on Poshmark and although the percentage is kind of high if someone has a problem with a bag there’s a system in place to protect both, the buyer and seller. Before any money is released the package has to be shipped and start tracking. By now I’m sure you’ve heard of it but I thought I would mention it to you.

Whatever it is they are making of habit of ruining their reputation and ultimately their business. I will say I have seen a sharp decline in the last few years with their customer service. I wonder what is going on with their leadership.
I feel like it started to change before the NM decision and then after that, with the expansion into NM and the opening of new stores, it really took away from the core clientele (which is largely online). And the owner, Sarah, started to attend premieres and openings and go on podcasts and do everything to be a socialite rather than run her business. It's been interesting/sad/frustrating to watch it degrade so badly from what it was.

Reactions: girlhasbags
I feel like it started to change before the NM decision and then after that, with the expansion into NM and the opening of new stores, it really took away from the core clientele (which is largely online). And the owner, Sarah, started to attend premieres and openings and go on podcasts and do everything to be a socialite rather than run her business. It's been interesting/sad/frustrating to watch it degrade so badly from what it was.
Oh I didn’t know Sarah was doing that. She used to be so humble but I do agree with everything you are saying. I would only add I think when she stepped back an out 5 years or so ago also influenced the decline. They lost some very good staff.

I sell on Poshmark and although the percentage is kind of high if someone has a problem with a bag there’s a system in place to protect both, the buyer and seller. Before any money is released the package has to be shipped and start tracking. By now I’m sure you’ve heard of it but I thought I would mention it to you.
I was thinking about opening an account with them versus selling to Fashionphile on some items. Their quotes have just gotten ridiculous

I had a great experience recently. I bought a Chanel jumbo from FP back in 2017 for $3,000. It was in great condition.
I used it a bit but not all the time because it was a vibrant color.

Last week I sold it back to FP for a bit more than I paid 6 years ago! I know Chanel prices have increased drastically, but it’s just nice that they recognize that and offered a price even more than I paid previously.

I had a great experience recently. I bought a Chanel jumbo from FP back in 2017 for $3,000. It was in great condition.
I used it a bit but not all the time because it was a vibrant color.

Last week I sold it back to FP for a bit more than I paid 6 years ago! I know Chanel prices have increased drastically, but it’s just nice that they recognize that and offered a price even more than I paid previously.
Have they actually received it, accepted it and paid you yet? 🤞

Reactions: Debbie65
Interestingly, they are quite bad at identifying Hermes leathers accurately - I sent in a bag I bought from Hermes directly, stating the leather I was told by Hermes, and they still identified it differently. This is important to the buyer, especially if you are on the hunt for a specific type of a leather.

To be fair, it is a recent release, so I was able to get a good quote.

Reactions: caannie
Interestingly, they are quite bad at identifying Hermes leathers accurately - I sent in a bag I bought from Hermes directly, stating the leather I was told by Hermes, and they still identified it differently. This is important to the buyer, especially if you are on the hunt for a specific type of a leather.

To be fair, it is a recent release, so I was able to get a good quote.
very interesting, was it goat skin?

Sent in an H & Chanel -- very high quotes for both and the payout was received 2 days after they got the items. I haven't used FP in quite some time for selling, but was pleased. Both items were new, though, so maybe that made a difference to the quotes being higher than usual.
Wow that's great! I think it matters with the brand but also which bag within the brand. For their top seller bags they will pay you more due to the price they will inflate your bag to, so it's a win win for both of you. :smile: