Selling an unknown designer bag on ebay!

Handbag_Whore

Dec 13, 2009
I have a gorgeous bag that i want to sell on ebay.

The designer is fairly unknown though so i doubt many people would search by the designers name so im just wondering the best way to list the bag in order to get the most exposure to buyers and searchers?

List the bag by the name of the designer and by the leather/skin type and by the genre of the bag. Maybe even the year the bag came out or the circa year.

Buyers/searchers who are looking for it will then get your listing.
Have fun selling.

List the bag by the name of the designer and by the leather/skin type and by the genre of the bag. Maybe even the year the bag came out or the circa year.

Buyers/searchers who are looking for it will then get your listing.
Have fun selling.

Thanks :smile: This is my point though, the designer of the bag is not well known so no one searches by the designers name so it feels like a waste putting it in the title if you see what i mean?

Maybe also list the store where you bought the bag - would check whether this is allowed per ebay rules first but if it's a well-known store it might help widen your buyer base.

Check eBay for things like yours and see how the titles go. Then check the number of hits on the pages with titles you like, and if some have lots of lookers, adapt one of those for your own listing.

It depends on how high volume of a seller you are. If you normally list a lot of items or will be listing other items with this one, you might get enough hits just because people check out one of your auctions, then clicks "see seller's other auctions".
I'd also look at the completed auctions for this brand. You never know, some brands have a following and people obsessively look for them on eBay. I recently sold a pair of shoes from a relatively obscure brand but had 50+ watchers and a ton of bids because I feel like all the same people search for that brand and collect them.

If neither of these are the case (you are a low volume seller and completed auctions aren't high/there aren't even any completed auctions!) then I'd consider an alternate route like a consignment shop. eBay is all about getting a lot of people to your auction, so if you can't, there's no use going through all the trouble IMO.

I love "discovering" different designers on EBay. Hope you have great luck. I would still put the designer name in the title, but more importantly, use all of the descriptors accurately. I sometimes do look only by color or type or whatever. That is how I found the Camuto bag I carry. I would not have known to look for the brand.