Selling an LV on Ebay, maybe?

Firefly32

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
Michigan
Ok so I have sold alot of other things and Coach on Ebay! I have purchased two LOUIS VUITTONS on Ebay. Now I have had great transaction on selling and buying so far. I am considering on selling an LV for around $900.00, that is alot of money. I would really like to use the money for some bills and fund towards another bag or a wallet from LV.

What do you guys think is it getting to risky to put stuff up like this on ebay anymore, I know that people do, I am just worried about being scammed on my bag and money! I really can't afford for this to happen at the moment in my life.

If you suggest that it's still ok, please give me some pointers please!

Thanks,
Carrie

I don't think there's a problem selling high end bags on *bay. Personally I would love to sell except I'm facing restrictions/limitations. If you could get your item listed then sell it and pay for the bills. If you are worried about payment you can choose to accept PayPal and have immediate payment after auction ends. And you can always add options to the 'buyer requirement' section to weed out anyone with negative feedbacks or NPB strikes. If you monitor your auction and you see someone with a lot of questionable feedbacks (since these days sellers are no longer allowed to leave neg. so they sometimes leave positives but with comments about buyers behavior) you can reject their offer or bid. anyway, if you don't want the hassel of *bay you can always try your local craigslist. that way you can meet in person and receive cash in hand. GOOD LUCK

Firefly32

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
Michigan
Thank you for your response and the pointers! I think I am just nervous in doing so but I am going to try it on ebay!! Your epi collection is so colorful and adorable!

Carrie

camommyof3

O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
Good question and I've been wondering the same thing myself. I would invest in some security tags to mark your bags and avoid a "switcheroo" scam where somebody says you sent them a fake bag.

SWlife

For the love of beautiful things
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
New Mexico
Absolutely take the precaution of security tags, it's unfortunate but there are some creepy people out there.
Best of luck with your sale!

Lvbabydoll

O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
California
You definitely can, it's just really hard to sell things right now. I have a certain bag up at a decent price ($875- less than half of retail), as a BIN or best offer and have only had an offer of $600 shipped to Japan on it.
Um no.

I did sell one bag about a month ago and the transaction went really well. I just documented everything, including taking pictures of the way the bag was packed in the box.