Selling a Drew to get a Clare

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Would love to hear your opinions on this.

I have a small Chloe Drew bag. I really love the bag; it's such a practical size, the motty grey colour I have is a great neutral, it's amazing quality, and the hardware is great. But I always have this underlying want to sell it, despite how well it fits into my lifestyle, because I think it's too trendy to keep long term (and I don't earn enough to justify buying trendy luxury items).

I recently found a pre-loved medium top handle Clare at a really great price. I've always loved the Clare bag, and I feel it's a more understated bag that will better last through the years compared to the Drew. Would it make sense to sell the Drew to fund a Clare?

2. LOL I wish you were selling a cement pink one I'd snap it up! :smile: I just fell in love with the Drew and and am hoping someone will authenticate a few on ebay for me as I just don't know enough about Chloe to make a move yet... I cringe at the price but AM IN LOVE!

3. I think it's fine to sell a bag to fund another bag, just make sure the Clare can fit your lifestyle like the Drew. I also think you can find the style of the Drew in a lower cost bag brand, but the Drew does have cool hardware.

4. I've seen your youtubes before and know how much you love the Drew. I dont think the drew is that "trendy" I see the mileage going on for a couple more years. I had always wanted to get a paraty but never did but I dont consider it out of style yet, even though it has been buried by all the recent hits.

I think the Clare is a bit more ladylike than the drew while the drew is more versatile in that it looks great dressed up and dressed down - so I would personally keep the Drew - but in the end its your choice and really depends how much you love the Clare.