Selling a bag to fund another?

KatherineO

lovely<3
Jul 3, 2010
I bought my LV Speedy 35 in Damier Ebene over a year ago but I hardly carry it. I've always loved the speedy & found it to be such a classic bag but because of the top handles, I don't use it as often as I thought I would. I've carried it maybe 6 times. Other than that it just stays put away in the dust bag. I'm thinking I would benefit more from the LV Neverfull since it has the shoulder straps (I'm not a fan of using a strap on the speedy). So has anyone sold a bag to fund a different one? How did you go about pricing it for the sale? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all in advance!

ETA: Reminder about selling/buying/trading is not permitted

Last edited by a moderator:
i am currently selling my x so that i can get my LV long wallet without much guilt.

i list the item at my local second hand luxury items website so that we can arrange on meetups to look at the item before COD. the price i listed is about 30% off cos it's relatively new, bought it in may 2012.

i prefer it this way than ebay to save the hassle. at least for meet ups, they have agreed to accept the item upon inspection, then pay me cash.

If you look on eBay you will probably get back most of your money. I saw a speedy de 35 go for $750 and a speedy b 35 de go for $1100, to give you some perspective. if you take good pictures and have a receipt, it further increases your chances of selling it for more.

That being said, I would keep the speedy b and save up to expand your collection :smile:

I do this all the time! Especially since I've been in a Coach phase, Dooney phase, and now I'm on the big kahuna with LV. I price by reviewing similar items online and how much they go for. I also take into consideration the condition--yours sounds like it's in great condition! Some people start their auctions low but I like to start with the price I'd be happy with taking right away and just let it go uphill from there! Right now I'm selling to fund my love of LVs but also for extra savings. (So far I'm like one for selling, one for me, one for selling, etc haha!) Good luck!

First, I think you should sell your bag to fund the neverfull. Buy something that you love and will use! Although I am opposite of you and prefer top handle bags over shoulder totes :P Anyway, I sold my brand new Burberry Nova check shoulder bag to fund a discontinued LV Trouville multicolore (top handle). I was happy with my decision because I found it more practical than the Burberry surprisingly. So go with what your comfortable with :smile:.. I also think you could get about 75% of your money back for the bag if it is in really great condition (so if your happy to get about that much back, do it!). I think you should try selling locally through craigslist or kijiji, that way you wont have to pay fees to ebay.

I'm always in favor of selling a bag you don't use to help fund one you will enjoy. You can check completed listings on ebay to get an idea of current resale prices.

steenysteen said:
First, I think you should sell your bag to fund the neverfull. Buy something that you love and will use! Although I am opposite of you and prefer top handle bags over shoulder totes :P Anyway, I sold my brand new Burberry Nova check shoulder bag to fund a discontinued LV Trouville multicolore (top handle). I was happy with my decision because I found it more practical than the Burberry surprisingly. So go with what your comfortable with :smile:

Ooo good switch! I would have done the same hehe

Thank you all so much for your responses! I'm gonna sleep on it until the weekend & take all your advice to price check what's out there. I definitely think I'll get more use out of the Neverfull & why spend all that money if I'm not carrying the bag ya know? Thanks again everyone!!! :smile:

KatherineO said:
Thank you all so much for your responses! I'm gonna sleep on it until the weekend & take all your advice to price check what's out there. I definitely think I'll get more use out of the Neverfull & why spend all that money if I'm not carrying the bag ya know? Thanks again everyone!!! :smile:

Neverfull is definitely a staple!!

I also have a Speedy and rarely use it. I love the look but I'm not a satchel person. I'm selling some of my stuff to fund my Saumur which is I really want but at the time, it was out of stock. I should have just waited.

I sold both my monogram and damier speedy 35's to get the speedy B
at the end of the day, i couldnt afford to have them just sitting there looking pretty. Id rather get something i use

I sold my tivoli to fund my brea. I used Craigslist and had the buyer hand the cash directly to my SA as the brea was waiting for me.

I sold my Coach bags in eBay

Agree! Our needs always change and if you feel the top handle doesn't work for you now and you really only used it about 6 times, you're probably not gonna get anymore use out of it. I'd sell it to get a NF. Good luck!

I do this all the time! Especially since I've been in a Coach phase, Dooney phase, and now I'm on the big kahuna with LV. I price by reviewing similar items online and how much they go for. I also take into consideration the condition--yours sounds like it's in great condition! Some people start their auctions low but I like to start with the price I'd be happy with taking right away and just let it go uphill from there! Right now I'm selling to fund my love of LVs but also for extra savings. (So far I'm like one for selling, one for me, one for selling, etc haha!) Good luck!

Do you sell on eBay? x

Should I ask 2/3 of the price? How successful are you in selling your purses?

ALL. THE. TIME. Lol :smile: Speedies and Neverfulls go for a great resale price on eBay, just check the "completed auctions" for your item type, to see what past sales have been. Make sure you take a lot of clear photos and especially post the parts that show buyers' authenticity.. and let it ride if you don't want to guess at a fixed price. It should do very well. Good luck!