Sellier mou?

Is a Kelly sellier mou still available in stores?

Are you asking if both styles are available? Kelly comes in sellier (rigid) and retourne (relaxed). Both are stll made though not necessarily "readily available" in store but rather offered to clients as they become available at the discretion of the SA/SM.

Last edited:
thank you for your answer jyyanks.
I am indded talking about the combination: sellier in softer leather, which was available about 10 years ago. Currently I I have only seen sellier in box or epsom leather.

Thanks for clarifying!! I will let the others chime in but my understanding is that sellier mostly comes in stiffer leathers like box and epsom though i have seen the smaller sizes SO'd in chevre.

Here's a thread on the Kelly mou:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/question-re-kelly-mou-229703.html

As for whether it's available now, it's not in regular production nor is it in the order books to my knowledge, but that doesn't mean it cannot be ordered.

Thank you. That is exactly what I meant.
I think a Kelly Selier mou Clemence would be adorable.
Unfortunately you can't find any information if you could still order something like that or even score at FSH.

I am just a little confused now because I don't understand ho the kelly flat fits in? Sounds as Kelly flat would be pretty much the same concept - isn't it?

Thank you. That is exactly what I meant.
I think a Kelly Selier mou Clemence would be adorable.
Unfortunately you can't find any information if you could still order something like that or even score at FSH.

I am just a little confused now because I don't understand ho the kelly flat fits in? Sounds as Kelly flat would be pretty much the same concept - isn't it?

Just a quick reminder :
Kelly Sellier Mou : It's not about the leather being soft. ( they did it in Chevre, and in Togo)...It's about the construction:
Outside stitching but no extra lining, nor any additional material glued between outside face and inner lining. That makes the bag very soft.

There also was the Kelly MOU, actually the first ever release in the 90's, of Kellys made of Taurillon Clemence and Gulliver. First time you could actually fold the bottom and put your Kelly in your suitcase. The current retourne Kellys made in Togo and Tc and Swift are all "Mou" so to speak , so they don't even have kept this reference.

The Kelly flat is even less structured + the closure is totally different. It is totally FOLDABLE . In 3 folds.

Last edited:
Just a quick reminder :
Kelly Sellier Mou : It's not about the leather being soft. ( they did it in Chevre, and in Togo)...It's about the construction:
Outside stitching but no extra lining, nor any additional material glued between outside face and inner lining. That makes the bag very soft.

:yes:

I don't think it's in regular production currently.

Last edited:
thank you for clarifying.
:smile::ty:

I just disagree with one point: I won a gorgeaus clemence retournee and it is only foldable if you put lots of pressure on the bag (which I feel uncomfortable with) so I personally don#t think that all retournee kellys are mou.

thank you for clarifying.
:smile::ty:

I just disagree with one point: I won a gorgeaus clemence retournee and it is only foldable if you put lots of pressure on the bag (which I feel uncomfortable with) so I personally don#t think that all retournee kellys are mou.

You are correct. Even back then, it required quite some pressure , but compared to the Courchevel ones that were rigid even in retourne construction... it was such a big step ahead.
That was the story telling about MOU .
Looking back , I think the main thing about Mou was to take Hermes bags into a more "casual league" .