Seller's Remorse, Please help!

IslandBB

O.G.
Jun 15, 2010
NYC
Hi Ladies!

I know I can always rely on you all to ease my worries and help me reason things out here. I bought a sang city 2 years ago. At the time, Coquelicot had just come out and I was thinking Sang would be a close red, but it wasn't really similar enough. However, I loved the leather and the color is lovely, so I didn't pursue Coquelicot for another year.

I wore it a few times, but I became obsessed with the town and got it in coquelicot. I decided to list the sang city late last year. Now, I've sold it and am packing it up and suddenly, I feel like I'm making a huge mistake! It's great leather in fantastic shape and I do love the color! As I check it to make sure it's perfect, I'm thinking "Why did I sell!!!???"

I have 2 other red bags and I'm into the cross body bags now, which is why I thought I should sell. I wanted to raise funds and maybe get another bag, or just keep my collection small. But just looking at it is making me sad!

A small part of it too is maybe I let her go for too little? Maybe I should have held out for more? But bals aren't selling for as much as they used to. Well, would love to hear opinions and help me ease my remorse! Thanks!

LoriB

wife, mom, bagaholic
O.G.
Apr 3, 2006
USA
This is something that all true bbag addicts go through at some point. The best advice I can give is to say that something else will come along and steal your heart...it always happens. Just let it go and move on. You'll be obsessed with another one soon enough. :smile:

IslandBB

O.G.
Jun 15, 2010
NYC
Thanks Lori! I asked my husband for help too! :roflmfao:

I started to feel so bad about it, and he said that if I've only worn it a few times in a couple of years, it probably wasn't worth keeping, so I should just buy something I will get a lot of use out of and enjoy. Similar to what you said! I guess that settles it, I'm getting another bag! :graucho:

MAGJES

O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
North Carolina
I agree with LoriB! I recently sold my Ruby GGH City and Raisin GGH City - both were gorgeous and I had the same pangs as I packed them up but I told myself they just sat in my closet unused. I'm glad they went to homes where they will be loved!

IslandBB

O.G.
Jun 15, 2010
NYC
Thanks Magjes. You're right, it is true that someone can actually enjoy the bag rather than my closet! LOL