sellers not shipping until funds received

treschictx

Mar 16, 2011
I don't mean before the buyer pays I mean before the funds are available in PayPal to the seller. Like once the buyer pays the funds aren't available to the seller until about two weeks later. Is it ok to wait until then to ship it? As a buyer I wouldn't be happy.

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
Is this common? Is it ok to do this?
I don't mean before the buyer pays I mean before the funds are available in PayPal to the seller. Like once the buyer pays the funds aren't available to the seller until about two weeks later. Is it ok to wait until then to ship it? As a buyer I wouldn't be happy.
No, it's not okay to wait to ship.

This is ebay's/paypal's way of having unproven sellers prove themselves. Once the item is paid for, you must ship. Funds won't be released until either buyer leaves positive feedback or in cases where buyer's don't leave feedback, up to 21 days.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/payment_unavailable.html

anthrosphere

Hiya!
Apr 16, 2012
PayPal will let the seller use the held funds to pay for the shipping labels. When the seller makes the shipping label, there should be an option just below the "purchase shipping label" button that says "Later (as soon as the funds become available)". Clicking on this will prevent PayPal from charging the seller for the label.

As long as the package has a valid tracking number attached to the seller's paypal account, and has confirmed delivery or buyer has left positive feedback, the funds will be released 2-3 days later. PayPal will then charge for the shipping label the next day.

As long as the seller does not deposit the funds, PayPal will use the buyer's money to pay for the shipping label. Otherwise they will charge the seller's account instead.

treschictx

Mar 16, 2011
BeenBurned said:
No, it's not okay to wait to ship.

This is ebay's/paypal's way of having unproven sellers prove themselves. Once the item is paid for, you must ship. Funds won't be released until either buyer leaves positive feedback or in cases where buyer's don't leave feedback, up to 21 days.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/payment_unavailable.html
Ok thanks that's what I thought. I want to bid on something but the buyer says they won't ship until the funds have cleared.

May 6, 2011
Are we talking "held funds" or payments pending clearance. I ship with held funds which means the buyer paid and it Paypal who has the $ and will release when you get positive feedback or the item is delivered. If the funds have not cleared I wouldn't ship - that happens if they pay by check etc.