sellers not leaving feeback ????

bag-princess

Spoiled Princess
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
is there a certain amount of time that they are given to leave feedback or can they leave it at anytime after the sale??? i have two sellers that i bought something from a month ago and neither left feedback for me. no problems at all with the purchase - paid that same day - and i left good feedback for them both.

What I do when I buy on ebay, after I get the item and I am happy with it, I leave FB right away. Then I message the seller letting them know I was pleased and that I left them positive FB and I hope they will do the same for me. They always do.

Have you tried to message them, asking them to leave it for you too?

hi - yes i have done exactly that and i hope that they will do the same for me. i just wondered because i see one is a very high volume account and was thinking maybe they were just slow getting to post feedback for every sale!

Did you happen to ding their stars? Although DSR scoring is said to be anonymous, ebay has tools whereby sellers can run various reports, among them one that allows sellers to know how they scored star-wise.

Many sellers don't leave feedback for star-dingers. Without the ability to leave any feedback other than positive for a buyer, the seller's ability to avoid feedback altogether for those buyers is their only way to "un-recommend" those buyers.

In other words, for sellers who run their various sales reports, their "green +" for buyers is their way of "recommending" that buyer. However, buyers who ding stars yet leave "glowing" feedback don't get that recommended buyer feedback.

And since sellers aren't allowed to discuss DSR scores, they can't respond to multiple requests for feedback from buyers who wonder where they're feedback is.

That said, feedback as a buyer is essentially useless since sellers can't leave honest feedback for less-than-satisfactory transactions.

That could be, if the seller is very busy they might elect to leave fb all at once for all sales at a later date. I'm not sure how long they have to do this, maybe it's 30 days? It is frustrating to leave a positive and not get one. Hopefully your sellers will get on the ball with this.

Did you happen to ding their stars? Although DSR scoring is said to be anonymous, ebay has tools whereby sellers can run various reports, among them one that allows sellers to know how they scored star-wise.

not at all!:nogood: i was thrilled with both of them and said so in my feedback which is why i was wondering if sellers can leave it far after the sale is over!
if i had done so i could understand them not leaving feedback. i can totally understand a few days passing/waiting for my feedback - but a month later seems a bit long.

one of them i was so pleased with i bought another item from them a week later!

Many sellers don't leave feedback for star-dingers. Without the ability to leave any feedback other than positive for a buyer, the seller's ability to avoid feedback altogether for those buyers is their only way to "un-recommend" those buyers.

In other words, for sellers who run their various sales reports, their "green +" for buyers is their way of "recommending" that buyer. However, buyers who ding stars yet leave "glowing" feedback don't get that recommended buyer feedback.

And since sellers aren't allowed to discuss DSR scores, they can't respond to multiple requests for feedback from buyers who wonder where they're feedback is.

That said, feedback as a buyer is essentially useless since sellers can't leave honest feedback for less-than-satisfactory transactions.
not leaving feedback is not the only way. i now leave feedback right after the sale for my buyers. but i block buyers who ding my DSR ratings. if a buyer is unhappy i want them to contact me, not leave a positive and 1-2 rating. and since i mostly have repeat buyers they would know they are blocked

I tend to leave mine in batches at a later date.

IMO I wish they would just do away with buyer fb received. Since it can only be positive, what is the point? The only buyer fb that matters is fb left. It helps other potential buyers decide whether they want to buy from the seller or not. It also helps sellers to see what kind of buyer they might be dealing with.

I send my buyers a "thank you" when I send them the shipping info. As a buyer all I care about is receiving the item as described. Period.

OP, did you look at the feedback left by the sellers? Many sellers no longer leave feedback at all for buyers since it really doesn't mean much. Maybe your sellers are among the people who don't leave buyer feedback.

beenburned - i thought about that,too and yes i did look at that. and saw that feedback had been left for other buyers. some that same day i checked or a couple days before as a matter of fact. it's a mystery to me!

I just had a buyer leave me a 4 for shipping. I shipped it the same day she paid, insured, by parcel post. She did not get the notification from the POthat she had to sign for it. So I let her know they tried to deliver it on Friday and that it was insured and she needed to sign for it. She picked it up 5 days later.

She left me a 4 for shipping like I had any control over USPS. She had her options what method - Priority Mail was in a large box so she chose parcel post.

I did not leave her FB.

I have 736 feedback. Getting any more does nothing for me as a buyer. Just sayin'.
The only reason for buyers to need feedback would be if there is a minimum for bidding on a particular seller's auctions or for posting on the boards. EBay has taken away the ability for sellers to leave anything but positive, so it is basically worthless. When I used to sell, I always checked buyers' feedback left. The received did not matter.

The only reason for buyers to need feedback would be if there is a minimum for bidding on a particular seller's auctions or for posting on the boards.

exactly!!!!!
this is why it is important to me - because of what some sellers require to big on an auction. i have not been buying on ebay long enough to get anywhere near 700 so every single one is important to me.

If you see an item and the seller requests buyers to have a certain amount of feedback and you do not qualify, just send them a message and ask if they will allow you to bid. A lot of sellers are just nervous about new buyers, so a message may allay their concerns.

I have 736 feedback. Getting any more does nothing for me as a buyer. Just sayin'.
The only reason for buyers to need feedback would be if there is a minimum for bidding on a particular seller's auctions or for posting on the boards. EBay has taken away the ability for sellers to leave anything but positive, so it is basically worthless. When I used to sell, I always checked buyers' feedback left. The received did not matter.

I disagree, I think to a certain extent it does matter. As a seller I feel reassured if a buyer has a history of positive feedback. Sure, a seller can't leave negative feedback but it's nice to know that many sellers felt this buyer was a pleasure to deal with. Though, once you hit 736 (or likewise) yeah, I don't think it makes much difference. I'm at the point in my buyer feedback that it's not going to hurt my feelings if a seller doesn't leave it, but it's always nice to receive it.

For those that think it means nothing, what if Ebay were to not to show any buyer feedback at all, would you be fine with that? Are you going to say that it doesn't make you feel even a tiny bit better to see lots positives left for the buyer that just won your auction?