sellers not leaving feeback ????

I totally get that!
Before I reach 100 fb, I too was so eager to receive fb that I thought I deserved. It is important to establish ourselves on a market place and the only way to do that is exactly that.
I don't understand why some here say that seller leaving fb is not important!
It is true a seller can not leave negative, but they can still say if a buyer was easy to deal with/ pleasure to do business, etc...
When a buyer makes an offer on my stuff, I always read fb received as a buyer..
I even contact past sellers that I see left fb, and ask more details about the buyer before I accept their offer. specially on International deals.
How can I contact a seller to ask for help and some more insights if all sellers think their fb does not make a difference or is not important and don't leave any?? :thinking:
I understand where, in certain circumstances, feedback received might be valuable to a seller checking out a buyer. However, if that is to be taken seriously, said feedback should have been left after the transaction is complete, correct? Many people think the buyer's part is finished at payment, but it really is not. So, I will agree with your post to that extent; excellent point. I do not bother checking a buyer's feedback received for the most part, only the feedback they leave. But I can see where some sellers may look at it.

I understand where, in certain circumstances, feedback received might be valuable to a seller checking out a buyer. However, if that is to be taken seriously, said feedback should have been left after the transaction is complete, correct? Many people think the buyer's part is finished at payment, but it really is not. So, I will agree with your post to that extent; excellent point. I do not bother checking a buyer's feedback received for the most part, only the feedback they leave. But I can see where some sellers may look at it.

You are making an excellent point. Buyer's part "IS NOT" finished at payment. They have to complete their ebay purchase by leaving a feedback after they receive their item, letting other members of ebay community know about the quality of their deal to encourage or discourage doing business with that seller right? I mean it is not enforced or mandatory, but this is the essence of what ebay recommends in order to keep a safe market place. But it is true that not every body does it. I as a buyer can't wait to leave my feedback after I receive my item, but as a seller, personally got tired of leaving feedback for buyers right after they pay, and go miles out my way to please them with whatever means and they never bothered to leave me one. Now this is how I look at it.
Buyer buys/pays, I pack/ship instantly. Buyer receives and acknowledges our transaction by leaving feedback, I leave feedback instantly. But if they leave me a feedback, I always do. Always..:smile:

I disagree, I think to a certain extent it does matter. As a seller I feel reassured if a buyer has a history of positive feedback. Sure, a seller can't leave negative feedback but it's nice to know that many sellers felt this buyer was a pleasure to deal with. Though, once you hit 736 (or likewise) yeah, I don't think it makes much difference. I'm at the point in my buyer feedback that it's not going to hurt my feelings if a seller doesn't leave it, but it's always nice to receive it.

For those that think it means nothing, what if Ebay were to not to show any buyer feedback at all, would you be fine with that? Are you going to say that it doesn't make you feel even a tiny bit better to see lots positives left for the buyer that just won your auction?

This pretty much sums up everything I was going to say! :yes:
As a seller, I ALWAYS feel better when a buyer has feedback. To me, it shows that they have a buying history, and that other sellers didn't think that they were a total PITA. :P

This pretty much sums up everything I was going to say! :yes:
As a seller, I ALWAYS feel better when a buyer has feedback. To me, it shows that they have a buying history, and that other sellers didn't think that they were a total PITA. :P

I can understand that. I just put more weight on their feedback left for sellers. I would think if you have a buyer who has only a couple of feedback and have bought many items, it might make you uneasy because sellers had not left any. Just keep in mind that there are sellers, and buyers, who just do not participate.
I leave feedback for buyers unless there were any issues. Same with sellers. If it was just not a great transaction, I opt out. Now, if I have a really bad experience with a seller, I consider a neg, but it will be well thought out so other sellers will not think I am a PITA.