Sellers no communication

shoeluver2

Feb 19, 2010
I really don't understand some of these sellers on ebay. As I have stated many times on this forum I have been a buyer and seller for over 4 years and everytime a buyer pays for my items I email them and thank them. I also ship the next day and email them the tracking number. As a buyer as soon as I win I pay the same day. Lately I have not received any communication. I'm also a little upset, because I paid $250 plus $12.00 in shipping for a designer dress( I paid the BIN price) and this was 10 days ago and this seller still has not shipped the dress or even contacted me. I just emailed her to ask her when she will be shipping this dress I paid for 10 days ago. I also looked at her feedback and noticed that she has been getting a lot of neutrals and comments about her lack of communication, high shipping fees and slow shipping and I noticed she responded to each neutral with a rude comment back. I can't believe how rude some sellers are.

Yeah, I know how it feels like. I wish everyday of the week and twice on Sundays, that the sellers I buy from treat me the same way I treat my customers. Report the seller for INR! Someone has to remind the seller that her performance as a seller is unacceptable.
Btw, are you in the same country as the seller? Sometimes foreign sellers lie about their location to attract buyers in particular countries. If the seller is indeed foreign but states she's in your country, there's no way she can provide a valid tracking. This could be why shipping is slow and no communications. Just a thought.
Good luck OP!

Last edited:
Some people should not be sellers. Not much you can do but file a claim, and leave the seller appropriate feedback, which sounds like what other buyers from that seller have been doing.

I've bought several items from ebay and have had great experiences, my only complaint is, I know how important positive feedback is for the sellers, and I always do my part as soon as I receive my item.
I pay immediately, I always shop BIN,I've never had to return anything, and there's been a couple of sellers that didn't show me the same respect. Either they're just too busy to leave feedback for me, or they just don't care. It's a little disheartening and I figure if they can't take two seconds out of their time, then I won't be a return customer, no matter how much I liked my purchase.
Acknowledging a really good buyer is important too.

I too have great communication with my buyers OP. I thank them for payment received, I send them an email with the tracking, and always include a hand written ty note inside the package. I have dealt with some great sellers too, but I find if I communicate with a seller BEFORE I bid or buy, I see what they are like.

If their communication is lacking, I do not buy. I save a lot of money this way!

Yeah, I know how it feels like. I wish everyday of the week and twice on Sundays, that the sellers I buy from treat me the same way I treat my customers. Report the seller for INR! Someone has to remind the seller that her performance as a seller is unacceptable.
Btw, are you in the same country as the seller? Sometimes foreign sellers lie about their location to attract buyers in particular countries. If the seller is indeed foreign but states she's in your country, there's no way she can provide a valid tracking. This could be why shipping is slow and no communications. Just a thought.
Good luck OP!

Yes, I am in the same country as the seller. I hate to leave negative feedback if the item I receive is exactly as described. Even if the seller never communicates I will not leave negative feedback. This seller did finally respond to my email this morning and told me she will ship the dress on today.

Sorry you're dealing with a crappy seller. PLease leave appropriate feedback so the next potential buyer/bidder can see what they're getting into.

Yes, I am in the same country as the seller. I hate to leave negative feedback if the item I receive is exactly as described. Even if the seller never communicates I will not leave negative feedback. This seller did finally respond to my email this morning and told me she will ship the dress on today.

I understand, I almost never leave negative feedback. I do think however that this seller's communication stars should be dinged. There's just no excuse to not communicate with a buyer.

i agree i think some sellers need to find other hobbies or jobs. i am not a big time seller, i just sell bags i get bored with to buy others. but communicate with my buyers package things good and write notes to the buyer. so it is nice to get the same customer service in return.

"I also looked at her feedback and noticed that she has been getting a lot of neutrals and comments about her lack of communication, high shipping fees and slow shipping and I noticed she responded to each neutral with a rude comment back."

And you bought the item?

sellers don't realize how important communication is.. this seller does deserve

a "neutral" and with her feedback perhaps one should reconsider buying from her....

and to receive a rude comment back that would eliminate her from my list