Sellers and their Feedback?

Yes, the feedback system and eBay is pretty callous and leaves an open playground for petty buyers. In too many instances to discuss, leaving feedback for buyers immediately has come to bite me in the tail and con me out of thousands in funds. If I see a risky eBay buyer, I just block them so I don't have to deal.

I switched back to an old account this summer, one with low feedback. I had two sellers cancel on me for being "under 100 feedback". And a third that tore into me for being "too new to understand eBay" when I'd enquired about an item (it's mispriced, and she's surprised she's listed it 4 times with no interest?)

So feedback number seems to be something that sellers use to determine whether to go through with a transaction (both were about $50-$75, not high-risk categories, either).

On the other hand, as a buyer I've asked people to leave feedback if a week or two passes and some have been offended I ask, others do give feedback.

But I sort of wish that neg and neutral feedback could be left for buyers as well.

Am I just being overly sensitive, lol? Do you guys think it's not a big deal or issue that sellers don't leave feedback? I just don't know what ebay's like anymore and it used to be a really big deal. Are sellers just not leaving feedback anymore? Is the issue that buyers can still file claims even after a transaction is completed and feedback was left for a seller? I thought it was encouraged to leave quick feedback for a seller since some sellers have their funds held for 21 days. Maybe I really am just being overly sensitive lol.

I could not care any less if I receive feedback from my sellers or not. Unless I am blocked by a seller, I have the control. I choose my sellers not the other way around. As long as I get what I paid for, they get great feedback. If there is a problem I contact them. It is very rare that I need to leave a neutral or negative.
Sellers cannot leave anything except positive feedback. It is basically worthless.

jmho

I switched back to an old account this summer, one with low feedback. I had two sellers cancel on me for being "under 100 feedback". And a third that tore into me for being "too new to understand eBay" when I'd enquired about an item (it's mispriced, and she's surprised she's listed it 4 times with no interest?)

So feedback number seems to be something that sellers use to determine whether to go through with a transaction (both were about $50-$75, not high-risk categories, either).

On the other hand, as a buyer I've asked people to leave feedback if a week or two passes and some have been offended I ask, others do give feedback.

But I sort of wish that neg and neutral feedback could be left for buyers as well.
I hate requests for feedback. I've never gotten them from buyers. I've gotten them from sellers. They usually say "I've given you feedback, now you should give me feedback." Just by asking makes me less likely to give them stellar feedback.

I think ebay should get rid of feedback for buyers altogether since it is meaningless. They could put something else in place that shows the number of transactions the buyer has had, if that is important to sellers. If I was going to look at buyer's feedback, there are only two things I look at - how long they have been on ebay and the feedback they leave for others.

When I was new on ebay, there were a few times I had to ask sellers for permission to bid because they didn't want buyers with low feedback. I guess they figure low feedback bidders are less likely to pay. For BINs with immediate payment required it shouldn't make any difference.