Seller won't ship to unconfirmed paypal account - but I'm in Australia! Help please?

If a seller will only ship to confirmed addresses, they should mention this in their auction, otherwise how can a potential buyer know they cannot bid? I also have an unconfirmed address, only because (like you) I'm in a country where you can't have addresses confirmed. Since the seller didn't mention she would not ship to unconfirmed addresses, this situation is her fault.

I would suggest to the seller that you will pay for USPS Express Mail International with insurance, so you are both covered should the bag go missing. I live in Saudi Arabia and use this postal method all the time and it works perfectly. Having insurance also provides peace of mind.

I fully understand your predicament. I'm exactly in the same situation as you! I just won an item from ebay and this seller is also a member here. I fully understand why she didn't want to ship to an unconfirmed address. She had two previous nasty incidents that caused her losses. I wanted this bag badly too. But the queue at the banks in my country are terrible and I usually avoid if I can. So I'm still trying to find a good day for me to go down to the bank again to have the bank transfer. But this seller is very nice to hold the bag for me. Although it's my fault because I wasn't aware that I have an unconfirmed shipping address with paypal and the seller had stated clearly in her auction that she only accepts if shipping address is confirmed. I feel bad when she says it's fine if I do not want this bag eventually. But I do! It's just the exorbitant bank charges and the long queuing time that is bothering me. I'm still breastfeeding my baby and have to take him with me. Boy, hope she doesn't read this post. So should I give up this bag which I've been lemming so long for or .....??

I fully understand your predicament. I'm exactly in the same situation as you! I just won an item from ebay and this seller is also a member here. I fully understand why she didn't want to ship to an unconfirmed address. She had two previous nasty incidents that caused her losses. I wanted this bag badly too. But the queue at the banks in my country are terrible and I usually avoid if I can. So I'm still trying to find a good day for me to go down to the bank again to have the bank transfer. But this seller is very nice to hold the bag for me. Although it's my fault because I wasn't aware that I have an unconfirmed shipping address with paypal and the seller had stated clearly in her auction that she only accepts if shipping address is confirmed. I feel bad when she says it's fine if I do not want this bag eventually. But I do! It's just the exorbitant bank charges and the long queuing time that is bothering me. I'm still breastfeeding my baby and have to take him with me. Boy, hope she doesn't read this post. So should I give up this bag which I've been lemming so long for or .....??

I know how you feel! You want the bag, but it shouldn't be so hard to get it! I'm glad your seller is being as helpful as mine and is holding the bag for you :smile:

Hopefully you don't run into a long queue at the bank, I think you should go for it if you want the bag. Goodluck!

If a seller will only ship to confirmed addresses, they should mention this in their auction, otherwise how can a potential buyer know they cannot bid? I also have an unconfirmed address, only because (like you) I'm in a country where you can't have addresses confirmed. Since the seller didn't mention she would not ship to unconfirmed addresses, this situation is her fault.

I would suggest to the seller that you will pay for USPS Express Mail International with insurance, so you are both covered should the bag go missing. I live in Saudi Arabia and use this postal method all the time and it works perfectly. Having insurance also provides peace of mind.

She has included insurance, but I thought that was just for my benefit. I'll let her know it will be enough to cover both of us, thanks for telling me :smile:

I'll definately not try any international purchases after this, I think I've learned my lesson!

The seller has been hurt in the past with unconfirmed addresses, which is why she's being so careful with me. I understand, and wouldn't say it was her fault at all. She's being so nice about it all as well, and wanting to resolve the issue for me.

qwerty, I have purchased from the US and have had no problems so don't let this put you off, it is probably because you have not had many ebay transactions.

The seller has been hurt in the past with unconfirmed addresses, which is why she's being so careful with me. I understand, and wouldn't say it was her fault at all. She's being so nice about it all as well, and wanting to resolve the issue for me.

It's hard for me to believe that after she had some bad experience in the past, and she wouldn't put it on the listing not shipping to Australia? Would you mind attach the ebay URL?

Some sellers are still not aware that Paypal only confirms addresses in the US, UK and Canada. I'm sure she'd ship to Aus if the addresses could be confirmed! The reason sellers don't want to ship to unconfirmed addresses is because they lose their Paypal sellers protection when the address is unconfirmed. If you've been burned before you are going to do all you can to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Yeah, I've been thinking of getting this bag for so long. Might as well go for it. Boy, the thought of queueing up again at the banks are totally putting me off. I know it's bad of me to let her hold the bag for me for so long. Think I'll have to take action tomorrow then. At least after this incident, at least I know now that I have an unconfirmed shipping address and will not bid for those items that requires me to make a bank transfer/money order in place for an unconfirmed address.