Seller won't ship Ring bag!

This sure is an inexperienced seller. One good thing is he didn't neg you back. I don't think eBay can force him to sell to you since he didn't take your money. I know this is very frustrating. I won't buy from a new seller with 50% feedback. Probably this bag will never be sold.

Just so you know this happened to me with TWO different sellers and TWO different handbags in the past year. Ebay did NOTHING. Ebay said that sellers can sell or NOT sell to anyone they choose. Thats their right. It may be a strike against they're account, but I doubt it with Ebays attitude about it. And then these sellers had the nerve to file a NPB report to get their fees back!! You can guess what I wrote in THAT little box!!

Just to let you all know. I received an answer from ebay saying they didn't see a violation!?!
I just got another message from this seller telling me he will sell me the bag for $699! Another member here got a message from him admitting he had refused my payment and wanted to know if he will get in trouble with ebay...evidently not!
Will all members who see this go to the listing and send this guy a message letting him know what you think? This is so wrong.
All ebay cares about is the money, I guess.

Clearly this guy doesn't know about the purseforum or he might not be as worried about ebay and more worried about not being able to sell his bag because he now has so many people against him.

... threaten to take him to court and see if he changes his mind?

I hate it when people do this - its like the notakeback thing in grade school - CHILDISH!

Hope you get it sorted out

To get more sellers (where they make their money from) ebay protects them and their "right" to sell their item and cancel or refuse to sell at any time. If it happens consistently, I think they may do something, but in this case I don't think they'll take action. I'm just really sorry that he did that to you. :sad:

Just to let you all know. I received an answer from ebay saying they didn't see a violation!?!
I just got another message from this seller telling me he will sell me the bag for $699! Another member here got a message from him admitting he had refused my payment and wanted to know if he will get in trouble with ebay...evidently not!
Will all members who see this go to the listing and send this guy a message letting him know what you think? This is so wrong.
All ebay cares about is the money, I guess.

Lemme get this straight....so....a SELLER can back out of an auction with NO consequences, but if a BUYER does the same thing they send out the hounds? :hysteric:

Now I'm even more pissed off at eBay than I am at the moronic seller who should have done a bit more research before he listed such a pricey item with no experience in selling. :cursing:

I am so done with eBay. Great deals are what keeps most of us going back, but if they can be reneged on after days of impatiently waiting for an auction to end because the seller isn't happy with the price....screw that. My time and sanity are worth more to me than a possible good deal. Unless it's BIN or I can get a seller to change a listing to BIN, count me out. :rant:

I'm so sorry this happened to you JM because it was a fair auction and you got a great deal on a beautiful bag, or you should have. Just remember Karma....his bag is NOT going to sell and an even better one will come along for you! :choochoo:

Lemme get this straight....so....a SELLER can back out of an auction with NO consequences, but if a BUYER does the same thing they send out the hounds? :hysteric:

Now I'm even more pissed off at eBay than I am at the moronic seller who should have done a bit more research before he listed such a pricey item with no experience in selling. :cursing:

I am so done with eBay. Great deals are what keeps most of us going back, but if they can be reneged on after days of impatiently waiting for an auction to end because the seller isn't happy with the price....screw that. My time and sanity are worth more to me than a possible good deal. Unless it's BIN or I can get a seller to change a listing to BIN, count me out. :rant:

I'm so sorry this happened to you JM because it was a fair auction and you got a great deal on a beautiful bag, or you should have. Just remember Karma....his bag is NOT going to sell and an even better one will come along for you! :choochoo:
Thanks Stinker...I kinda feel sorry for the poor dummy now. Not sorry enough to let him off the hook, tho I have decided I don't want the bag now. I'm really more angry at e-bay for not stepping up to the plate and enforcing their policies in regards to sellers completing a deal. Hey, it was a killer deal and I wouldn't want to sell a high end bag for that kind of $$, but that's what happens on e-bay if you don't put a buy it now on it.
I have had to sell items for less than I wanted to, but i would NEVER do what this guy did. It is just not honest.

You have a case IMHO, he even admits in the new listing that he sold it for too little the first time around. Kudos on the neg you left! I like how you handled yourself.

Keep after eBay about this... Call them in San Jose if need be, it's the principal of the thing now.

Good luck!

I agree with speedy, especially now that he said he would sell it to you for $699. I would contact ebay and tell them you won the item for $$amount and now he is saying he will only sell it to you for $699.

Good luck