Seller won't sell me item I won.

That is horrible! It's not your fault that it sold for less than maybe what the seller had intended to. I agree with the others...besides leaving negative feedback, there really isn't too much more to do. Hopefully this trend will stop soon!

maybe it was an honest mistake.

Quite frankly, tough luck to the seller if it was! It's the same thing with being a buyer. I've bid on things without reading the description well, then read more thoroughly and been like "Oops. Darn it." But it's my mistake and I go through with the transaction, which is what the seller should have done. If he wanted more money, he had two options -- he could have put the starting price higher or put on the reserve. That he didn't do either is not the buyer's fault. I hope he gets stuck with his item for a good long time!!

Ugh what a scumbag. :tdown:
As for it being an honest mistake--I don't buy that for a minute. Sellers out there, do you not check your auctions a million times between the day they go live and the time they end?? Wouldn't you notice if you "forgot" to put a reserve on an item? I sure would.

I just sold an item for $10 that I have sold VERY similar before of for $120, Im pissed but I will still send the item to the buyer because, who knows, maybe she/he will buy from me again, that is just business. Obviously I wanted more for it but what can I do, everyone likes a bargain, I have got many in the past, now its someone elses turn.

The buyer should send the purse, keep e-mailing him, its not right to do this to someone, you win some, you lose some and he should stick to ebay rules.

Ebay doesn't care if the seller ships me this item or not. Ebay just wants to make sure they get paid.

I contacted ebay and all they told me to do was email the seller and asked him to ship the item.

^^Hey...keep pushing ebay. I finally got the guy who I bought the Jimmy Choo ring bag from kicked off ebay. I had to send them copies of all the emails he sent to me. They kept saying they were sorry this happened. Then bling...he was no longer a registered user. Of course, who knows how long they suspended him for. He'll probably be back in a couple of weeks.

^^Hey...keep pushing ebay. I finally got the guy who I bought the Jimmy Choo ring bag from kicked off ebay. I had to send them copies of all the emails he sent to me. They kept saying they were sorry this happened. Then bling...he was no longer a registered user. Of course, who knows how long they suspended him for. He'll probably be back in a couple of weeks.
Thanks, I'll keep pushing the issue with ebay and see what happens.

Wow, what a good price you "won" that for, and since you want it, you should keep pushing for it.
Frankly, stanley- the seller- took a risk & it didn't pay off for him, that happens in business sometimes.
Keep pushing him & ebay both, I hope it works out for you!
let us know what happens.

This is a shame...unfortunately you cannot force anyone to sell you the item. All you can do is report them to ebay and leave a negative feedback, which I would definitely do if I were in your position.

If you lived in the same jurisdiction, you could sue them for breach of contract. For a small priced item, it wouldn't pay to have to go to another jurisdiction to try to enforce the contract. For the higher ticket items, like a boat, car, etc., then it is worthwhile to sue for breach of contract, and for an injunction preventing the seller from doing anything with the item until the lawsuit has been decided. There has been litigation in the past concerning high ticket items, and the seller has been forced to turn over the "goods." When it is a small item, then it is difficult. For that cute little coin purse, if I lived in the same city, I would definitely go after that. LOL! Just kidding, I probably wouldn't - it wouldn't be worth the emotional strain/drain.