seller with poor communitcation

mpepe32

O.G.
Jan 20, 2009
I purchased a bag on ebay and firstly was trying to get ahold of the seller because I lived in Canada and wanted my item to be shipped to a Canadian address instead of the American address I had listed. I ended up paying and still had not heard from the seller. The seller messaged me that she had been in the hospital and usually responds right away. Because I had paid the label printed the u.s. address so she wanted to send it that way. Fine, this was Wednesday. Since then I have sent multiple requests to get my tracking number. I need to email the company I have my items shipped to so they can get my package ready for pick up. I want to get in on Monday because that's the only day I have off and I live 1 hour from the u.s. border. She has told me 2 times she would upload the tracking number asap and the second time told me to give her a few and she would get it done. A few what? days???? I'm getting frustrated. I'm as seller on ebay as well and know it takes literally seconds to upload the number. What should I do? Am I being scammed. I've never had a seller take this long to put in a tracking number if it was actually shipped on Thursday, requesting it be done by today I don't think is unreasonable. The seller had only 20 feedback, 1 negative. What should I do? TIA

I'm not saying this to be mean but I think you're being a bit impatient.

Although I understand that buyers like communication from sellers, by communicating, the seller loses her automatic 5-star communication star. (I'm not excusing it; just explaining ebay's bass-ackwards train of thought and how it hurts both buyers and sellers.)

The seller did communicate that she'd been in the hospital. True or not, she replied when she was able.

With her relatively low feedback, she's not an experienced seller and may not be familiar with printing shipping labels online through ebay and paypal and may not even know how to upload tracking information. (You say you know how easy it is but that's because you claim to be a seller too.)

This is the weekend and many people don't use their computers on weekends or go online infrequently. Give it time.

As for your request to change the shipping address, that's something that should have been asked and approved prior to your buying or bidding on the item. It sounds as though the seller might not ship to Canada or you'd have known how much Canadian shipping would cost and would have been able to use that shipping address during the course of payment.

The fact that you had to use the US shipping address tells me that she doesn't want to do international shipping and that's a seller's prerogative.

I'm not saying this to be mean but I think you're being a bit impatient.

Although I understand that buyers like communication from sellers, by communicating, the seller loses her automatic 5-star communication star. (I'm not excusing it; just explaining ebay's bass-ackwards train of thought and how it hurts both buyers and sellers.)

The seller did communicate that she'd been in the hospital. True or not, she replied when she was able.

With her relatively low feedback, she's not an experienced seller and may not be familiar with printing shipping labels online through ebay and paypal and may not even know how to upload tracking information. (You say you know how easy it is but that's because you claim to be a seller too.)

This is the weekend and many people don't use their computers on weekends or go online infrequently. Give it time.

As for your request to change the shipping address, that's something that should have been asked and approved prior to your buying or bidding on the item. It sounds as though the seller might not ship to Canada or you'd have known how much Canadian shipping would cost and would have been able to use that shipping address during the course of payment.

The fact that you had to use the US shipping address tells me that she doesn't want to do international shipping and that's a seller's prerogative.
thanks for your response. I have no problem with the shipping it's the communication that's bothering me. Don't say you're uploading the tracking asap and in a few when you obviously aren't. be honest, if you are unwell or can't get to something right away don't. The negative feedback noted the seller had poor communication and this is why I 'm worried. The seller had cancelled the transaction. I'm scared that maybe the seller doesn't want to go through with the transaction if the item didn't sell at a high enough amount.

thanks for your response. I have no problem with the shipping it's the communication that's bothering me. Don't say you're uploading the tracking asap and in a few when you obviously aren't. be honest, if you are unwell or can't get to something right away don't. The negative feedback noted the seller had poor communication and this is why I 'm worried. The seller had cancelled the transaction. I'm scared that maybe the seller doesn't want to go through with the transaction if the item didn't sell at a high enough amount.

If seller have cancel transaction, they should refunded you asap.
Fingers cross for you:smile:

Although I understand that buyers like communication from sellers, by communicating, the seller loses her automatic 5-star communication star. (I'm not excusing it; just explaining ebay's bass-ackwards train of thought and how it hurts both buyers and sellers.).

BeenBurned, I don't understand about this comment above. Should I not be emailing the buyer after the item sells and tell her anything about shipping date, etc. Seems I have been doing this wrong all along?

BeenBurned, I don't understand about this comment above. Should I not be emailing the buyer after the item sells and tell her anything about shipping date, etc. Seems I have been doing this wrong all along?
I always communicate with my buyers frankly because I know what it feels like when you just paid someone you don't know a ton of money to let them know when I will be shipping, etc. And 99% of sellers I have bought from do this as well.

Ebay has some weird way of calculating seller ratings that take into account whether messages were exchanged between the seller and buyer - they contend that your listings should contain all the information that is needed by the buyer and so if there are questions, it means you're a bad seller. If you upload tracking numbers, eBay sends the buyer a message that you've shipped. If you send a message on your own as well, they ding you for some crazy reason.

It's so ridiculous about the communication stars. Unbelievable that a seller should be punished for being courteous and responsive.

I agree. eBay is set up now so sellers can add the tracking numbers to the eBay transaction. The buyer gets notification of the tracking number. This works fine but I still like the personal touch. I wish I could give these sellers six stars for communication.

I agree. eBay is set up now so sellers can add the tracking numbers to the eBay transaction. The buyer gets notification of the tracking number. This works fine but I still like the personal touch. I wish I could give these sellers six stars for communication.

Agree. it is nice to still want to maintain that personal touch..

It goes a long way.... buyers do appreciate it..:smile: