seller who don't want sell to newbies..sucks!!!

I have not jumped on the "no low FB bidders" bandwagon...yet. I've had numerous excellent transactions with low FB buyers, but the last time I had listings, 25% of them were NPBs. To make matters worse, I had never had a NPB before, so to have so many in one week was a low blow. It almost made me want to give up, but then I remembered that I'm doing this for fun, and I'm back in the saddle again!

I do realize everyone has to start out somewhere, however I agree w/ a previous poster. Start out w/ small things to build up your feedback and prove your reputation. I also, on my high $$$ items say that I reserve the right to cancel bids for those that have less than 10 feedbacks if they do not contact me prior. I have had numerous NPB's from those w/ 0, 1, and 2 feedbacks. Think of it like this also, when you are buying, aren't you looking at the seller's feedback. Aren't you more hesitant to buy from someone w/ no or very low feedback? The same is applied to sellers on the opposite end as we have to wait a full week to file the NPB, and then another full week while Ebay allows them to "think" about paying I guess before we can get our selling fees back and relist. Then we are out two weeks time there for nothing.

I have put restrictions on my auctions in the past, that if a buyer has less than 10 feedback to please email me first. The only reason that I started that was due to nonpaying bidders, it was costing me time and money. I had enough when I had 3 NPB's in the same week.

I say in my auctions that new or low feedback bidders have to contact me before bidding though only one has ever contacted me to ask if they could bid. Fortunately I haven't had trouble with any of the buyers since putting that disclaimer though like I had in the past.