Seller Wants Me To Revise Feedback

meaghan<3

Feb 21, 2009
Hello Everyone!
I have recently encountered an eBay seller that I purchased a pair of Christian Louboutin Wedges from. Here is the link to the listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...mnoejBI%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Upon Arrival, the shoes had much more wear (scratches and marks) than what was shown in any of the listing pictures. Here are the pictures that I took:

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

If the listing showed the marks and scratches on the shoe, I wouldn't have purchased them. I emailed the seller and asked for a full refund and heard nothing. I contacted ebay and they said to escalate to a not as described case. So I did and then the seller offered a 50% refund. To me, that shows that the seller knew of the marks on the shoes and was hoping that (me) the buyer, would either not notice them or just keep them and not be bothered to push for a return. But, I did not want half a 50% refund. I wanted my money back and I wanted to return the shoes. To make a long story short, after escalating the case, I was offered a full refund plus shipping and I sent the shoes back to the seller. While going through this entire process I was always live chatting with ebay to be sure I was going about this the right was as I have never had to do this before. One of the representatives said to be sure to leave feedback that reflects your transaction.

Since I found the seller to be quite difficult to work with and because they knew of the damage to the shoes and did not want to allow for a return, I left them a negative feedback (my first one ever). Also, to my surprise the seller relisted the shoes again not stating the damage:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Chris...41626?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&hash=item3a6688c17a

I received an email from the seller that said that I shouldn't have left negative feedback.

I was then sent an e-mail through ebay asking if I wanted to revise my feedback.

Since this is my first time leaving negative feedback, I would highly value your opinion on whether I should change my feedback to neutral or positive.

Now, as I am typing this he responded to my feedback:

I said:
Shoes were significantly NOT as described! Accepted return after case escalated!

He responded:
BUYER DID NOT KNOW SIZE in Louboutin!!! VERY RUDE!!! I refunded within days

He is clearly lying. Can I call ebay and have them look into that response and have it removed?

What should I do at this point?

Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.

Wow, not only did the seller lie about the item's condition, they were difficult during the entire process and lied about the negative feedback they received!! I say this negative feedback was warranted and DO NOT revise it. I believe you would be allowed to follow-up on their comment, I would definitely state it wasn't a size issue, but they lied about the scratches!! I strongly advise against revising the FB. I think this will help warn future buyers and hopefully help them avoid this seller and any stress it may cause from doing business with them.

ETA: If you respond to that seller's response, I think you should be fine. I think most people would see right through this person's BS. Also, it doesn't hurt your rating so after you do that I would move on. I wouldn't respond to any future emails from this seller.

Wow, not only did the seller lie about the item's condition, they were difficult during the entire process and lied about the negative feedback they received!! I say this negative feedback was warranted and DO NOT revise it. I believe you would be allowed to follow-up on their comment, I would definitely state it wasn't a size issue, but they lied about the scratches!! I strongly advise against revising the FB. I think this will help warn future buyers and hopefully help them avoid this seller and any stress it may cause from doing business with them.

ETA: If you respond to that seller's response, I think you should be fine. I think most people would see right through this person's BS. Also, it doesn't hurt your rating so after you do that I would move on. I wouldn't respond to any future emails from this seller.

Jessie, thank you for your input. I was doubting myself at first, but after seeing the seller lie AGAIN I think that I am leaning towards keeping it as is and contacting ebay!!

Do not revise your feedback. Respond to the seller's response and I would see through the BS if I was reading it. You are only helping others by leaving the negative FB !!

Pecanisdl, Thank you for your advice! I am going to contact ebay now.

Your feedback comment is removable because you are not allowed to talk about cases in feedback. All she has to do is call and the comment will be removed. The negative won't.

I would not change the negative.

totally agree here... there is no reason to revise your feedback..

seller misrepresented the item ..pure & simple... and has earned

the feedback he received by his actions....

I haven't read all the responses but I don't think you're allowed to mention a dispute in feedback. If the seller contacts ebay they'll remove that part. I think the seller deserved the negative. They should have worked with you for the refund. I wouldn't revise it.

Please don't revise your feedback. What a lying jack&^%! I cannot believe that the seller responded with an outright LIE?! Wow... I would also inform Ebay that the seller already relisted the shoes with another inaccurate description. I would def. tell the liar/seller to stuff it.

I definitely wouldn't revise the feedback. The seller flat out lied in the original listing - "no major marks or scratches" - and then lied in the FB response; a neg. is probably deserved in this case.

However - and others may disagree with this - what kind of condition were you expecting? The listing shows substantial wear to the bottom of the shoes, and I can see the biggest gouge in the listing's first photo + the seller has some other negs for condition issues.

Make sure you reply to it and state something like

Seller ASKED to revise fb. Shoes FIT but were SNAD. WARNING to BUYERS

Or something that mentions that he/she asked you to revise FB

meaghan, the seller is clearly super sketchy and dishonest! Your response was very calm and classy. "Everyone" who leaves this seller a neg is "mean" and "rude". I hate sellers like that!

No, do not revise. I have been asked to revise before but there was good reason. My feedback was that I did not receive the shoe and that the person was a big fat liar. But they thought they had sent it, went on vacation and when they came back from vacation noticed everything and sent it immediately and I received it within a week.

The person seemed genuinely apologetic and their feedback of 100% seemed to reflect that.

My offer to revise my feedback eventually expired and I had to call ebay to remove the listing.

I returned the item bc it was not as described and unfortunately the seller did not listen to me regarding that and their new listing does not list the faults in the CLs

To be honest they do not look that bad to me. In the listing he say no MAJOR marks or scratches indicating that there are some but not major. You can see from the soles they have had wear.They are used so will have some marks. Sometimes I do think buyers want perfect items when they buy used shoes and bags but at the reduced price of a used item. I feel the seller should have been more polite to you and I would have refunded straight away to avoid the hassle of a case. I woudl not say he is dishonest, the shoes are hardly trashed !!Give the guy a break !!

Something similar happened to me! I received a bag that had significant damage to it that was not shown in the listing. After dealing with the seller (which was not pleasant), and having to go through a claim to return I left a negative. The seller responded to my negative 'buyer has never paid, left feedback through Ebay's one sided system'. Never paid? I paid, received damaged bag, had to force a claim/return etc. You are able to respond to the sellers response, so that's what I did and I got the final word since it stops at three comments.

I wouldn't revise your feedback, but would rather respond to their response. If you're not sure how to do that type in 'respond to feedback' in the help section.