Seller wanting to charge more than what originally listed?

Brasilian_Babe

2 Boys Bags & a Bike
O.G.
May 22, 2006
I've got a similar problem to the one described in another thread here on the Ebay forum, but thought i'd start a new one :shrugs: So i hope all you Ebay experts out there can help me out.

I recently hit the Buy It Now button for a pair of shoes. The seller listed under the shipping and handling tab that international shipping would cost US$36 (seller is the US I'm in Oz). The seller has now sent me an invoice with US$50 worth of shipping charges. I've read several posts from people saying that the seller is not allowed to charge more than what is listed on their auction, but i was wondering where exactly on Ebay's policy is that stated. I've searched through the "Help" section of Ebay and have not found anything?

Is the seller allowed to do that? I know there is a policy on excessive shipping costs, but given that we're dealing with a pair of shoes and that the difference between what they originally stated ($36) and what they're trying to charge me ($50) is only $14, does this still qualify for the excessive shipping costs? I know it is only $14 but it's the principle that counts here. Can i say the seller has misrepresented their item by not sticking to their original shipping fees?

TIA

no, they're not allowed to change the shipping fee after the listing ends, they should take the loss, we've all done it in the past, under-estimated on shipping and lost out.

You should tell the seller that she/he should absorb the shipping fee as you only responsible for what she listed at her auction describtion. If she gets upset because of it, you should report it to ebay.