Here's a new one on me - I made an offer on an item several days ago that had no previous offers (I am not a low baller - I hate when buyers do that!) which the seller never responded to but instead let expire. Shortly after it expired the seller contacted me via eBay and stated that if I wanted to resubmit my offer in the same amount she would be happy to accept it. Yay! Or so I thought.... I resubmitted my offer and waited excitedly...and waited and waited. Not wanting to be a nudge I waited more than 24 hours and then realized something must be up. I checked out the listing and lo and behold.....16 hours after I resubmitted my offer (again, at the seller's behest) someone else made an offer. Still no word from the seller. Finally, I contact the seller with a friendly Hi! I resubmitted my offer as you asked. As soon as you accept I will make immediate payment....blahblahblah. Nothing. Finally this evening the seller contacts me and says in between her message and my resubmitting as asked she had another offer. Not true. The other offer came in 16 hours later than my resubmitted offer! She further states that she hadn't accepted yet because she was giving me the option of matching the new offer. Huh? How would I know what the offer is unless she contacted me to tell me?? We went back and forth in emails and her story kept changing and she danced away from the point that she had solicited ME to resubmit and said she would accept. She finally laid a trip on me by stating that as a fellow seller she thought I should understand. Obviously she was hoping that the clock would run down again on my 2nd offer so she would be free of me. That or hope if she strung the offerers along someone would hit her BIN in the interim. Frankly, were it I that told someone I would accept their offer I would do just that - accept their offer. If another one came in after having said so I would grit my teeth and chalk it up to experience....but honor my offer to accept to the buyer. I realize I have no recourse here but I am FUMING that she played it this way instead of being upfront and honest that she wanted to renege on her word for the additional $30. I would still have been pissed and never gone near another of her auctions but at least appreciated her contacting me rather than hoping the offer would expire and I wouldn't contact her before then. Am I making a big deal out of this??? Sorry for being so long winded....I'm still fuming!