Seller shipped to WRONG address...it's been 14 days and still no bag!

FALLAX COR

Members Only
Jun 5, 2007
I bought and paid for a bag on eBay two weeks ago. When I tracked the item, it had been delivered to an entirely different city! I contacted the seller and she had made an honest mistake--she'd gotten her orders mixed up.

Now I didn't get my bag for V-day as I wanted, and there is still no sight of it. She hasn't contacted me at all, which can only mean that she doesn't have it in her possession yet. I know that the seller is hoping that the bag will get sent back to her via "Return to Sender", and then she can send it to me, but I paid $400 and I would like to have my item in a timely manner. I'm not sure when I should say enough is enough, I'm sick of waiting--GIVE ME MY MONEY!

I would open an "item not received" with Paypal to cover the situation. If someone got your lovely bag when they had purchased a lower dollar amount item from her, it may not be coming home.

I'm going to try that tonight. I though I remembered reading something about opening a credit card claim before a PayPal claim closes...? I think Coachfreak had mentioned that before, but I'm not sure what the exact stipulations were.

If you paid w/ PP, file the PP item not received - INR dispute. You might consider stating in your claim that the seller has said that she shipped to wrong address and the item is now missing and you want a refund.
Escalate to a claim immediately.

I think the other thing you reference is a credit card chargeback. You can do this IF you paid w/ a CC, but if/when you do this, PP will not help you at all. SO, I would try PP INR claim first.

...I should say enough is enough, I'm sick of waiting--GIVE ME MY MONEY!

lol...wish we could give you your money!

Like other said, open an INR dispute and escalate it to a claim. You'll likely get your money from PayFoe and not have to involve the cc. If PayFoe doesn't come through, then you could dispute the charge with your cc company.

If you paid w/ PP, file the PP item not received - INR dispute. You might consider stating in your claim that the seller has said that she shipped to wrong address and the item is now missing and you want a refund.
Escalate to a claim immediately.

I think the other thing you reference is a credit card chargeback. You can do this IF you paid w/ a CC, but if/when you do this, PP will not help you at all. SO, I would try PP INR claim first.

Okay, I just filed a INR and included in the claim that the seller shipped to the wrong address. Why do both you and KZ say that I should escalate to a claim immediately? I shouldn't wait for her to respond?

Sellers take claims very seriously because it can freeze account funds for the transaction. If it all works out and you get your bag, you can always end the claim. We are just trying to look out for your best interests and KZ is a font of knowledge regarding *bay shenanigans! <Nice to see you KZ, hope you are doing well!>

I'm going to try that tonight. I though I remembered reading something about opening a credit card claim before a PayPal claim closes...? I think Coachfreak had mentioned that before, but I'm not sure what the exact stipulations were.

No, I said DO NOT file with your CC until the Paypal claim is done. If you file with the CC first, then you can't open a Paypal claim later. With no delivery tracked to YOUR address Paypal will find in your favor.

[hey pegasuscom!
wavesmile.gif
where have you been?]

ditto, OP. if you file a cc chargeback, PayFoe will drop your claim.