seller sent to an old address - how did this happen?

fongchau

Mar 26, 2010
Hello

I bought a bag and paid via PayPal. I changed the Paypal delivery address to my work address - which is confirmed - but the seller sent the package to my HOME address.

To make matters worse, I no longer live at my home address (but other members of my family do). It's not a big problem. No one was at home on delivery day so the post office left a card and hopefully my boyfriend can pick it up for me today.

Just wondering if anyone knew how this happened. I've looked at the Paypal receit and it DEFINITLEY has my office address as the delivery adddress and my old home address isn't on it anywhere.

I don't want this to happen again, as it's rare that I'm at my old address and don't need the hassle.

Any help at all?

And while we're at it, Paypal holds about 10 addresses for me, from when I've had other jobs but I can't find any way to delete them. Anyone know how to do that I've tried to edit my addresses, but it only lets me edit 2 - both of which are correct.

lmt51

Oct 28, 2009
WA, OZ
Perhaps your home address still registered on ebay? Have you change your address on ebay and paypal? Some seller go with the address provided on the checkout from ebay instead of Paypal, I hope this makes sense? If so, please update the new address on ebay also just to avoid further problem like you have right now.:smile:

Last edited:

SWlife

For the love of beautiful things
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
New Mexico
In a case like this, I would make sure to send a message to the seller thru ebay (I always do this anyway, telling the seller how excited I am to win this item and that I look forward to our transaction- I like to establish a rapport with the seller- making sure that she has my correct shipping address.
It just takes a couple of minutes to do and then you can be sure that you've established your correct info.
Hope you enjoy your new purchase!

fongchau

Mar 26, 2010
Thanks all. the seller has already confirmed she sent to my old address. It's annoying, but nothing I can do this time. Didn't know eBay showed additional addresses - thought they would only give out the delievry address.

I'll change it now so hopefully it won't happen again. How annoying!

lmt51

Oct 28, 2009
WA, OZ
Ever since eBay started Ship from eBay, there have been problems. She probably used ebay to ship.
Ebay Australia have customer address on the check out, rarely we go to paypal to check the address, I have learnt that as a seller to always sent tracking via paypal hence I found different address there sometimes. I will then ask customer which address they prefered and ask if posible to confirm their latest address both by ebay and paypal.
I am sorry the package on it's way already but you did right by updating your ebay address now. This at least will avoid future problem.;)