seller sent the package yesterday,no update info on usps online...why???

fennylj

Mar 6, 2007
seller sent the package yesterday and gave me the tracking number,
but no update info on usps online...
why???
the tracking number is VG 905 248 828 US .
she also scanned the receipt to me.

Attachments

• DSC00898.JPG
    DSC00898.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 6,502
All of the above postings are correct, but OP in this case she gave you the insurance number which is NOT a tracking number.

You will not be able to even get a confirmed delivery confirmation off of an insurance number.

They have to get delivery confirmation in addition to the insurance: $250 and under, yuo need delivery confirmation, and over $250 signature confirmation. Me ? I get signature anyway, just so you can prove they signed for it if you hever have a PP dispute or claim..
I think the info is slow to get on the USPS online website, but once it is delivered, it will tell you when and where. The insurance only slip (without delivery conf.) - you just have to wait until it arrives. If it doesn't come in a reasonable amount of time (2 weeks?), go to the post office and inquire and/or file a claim.

as a seller and a buyer i much prefer UPS, at least i can track online on exactly where my packages are , receiving and sending.

you can call USPS and give them that ins number they might be able to track it with that #.

USPS does scan items at the post office. They also do scan items upon arrival. They do it when they can. Basically, the PO is becoming lazy and they don't scan every item that runs through. I've had items that were delivered without being scanned. I've also make them scan my packages whenever I drop them off, to insure myself. Especially when selling on evilbay.

USPS will not scan paypal postage labels unless you use a scan sheet. That is why it costs less than paying at the post office.

Some PO might scan but they are actually not supposed to.

USPS will not scan paypal postage labels unless you use a scan sheet. That is why it costs less than paying at the post office.

Is that what the hell that sheet is for????

I will bring it with me next time (but you only get a SCAN sheet if you do it on USPS and not through Paypal).

I am expecting my fixed computer today but the status still says "left Coppell Feb 10th). My last 5 packages have been scanned accurately (i.e. I saw them for each state they traveled to before delivery).

Is that what the hell that sheet is for????

I will bring it with me next time (but you only get a SCAN sheet if you do it on USPS and not through Paypal).

I am expecting my fixed computer today but the status still says "left Coppell Feb 10th). My last 5 packages have been scanned accurately (i.e. I saw them for each state they traveled to before delivery).