seller sent invoice for more shipping than auction specified?

elynnin

commas,
Jan 26, 2011
I won an auction for $11 shipping and seller just sent me an auction for $18 shipping. It's only 7$ or so but still, I'm a little bit annoyed. I emailed her and she said "it's expensive to ship this bag, i hope this helps and sorry for the confusion." Seriously? I sent her another message saying she should sell for the price she listed and that the bidding wouldn't have gone so high if she had listed accurate shipping fees, but she hasn't responded.

What should I do? I do want the bag but I can't pay anything but her invoice price now..

What a cheek this seller has. Personally I would stand my ground and refuse to pay the postage. I would never ask a buyer to pay for my under estimating costs. If she insist try eBay. Good luck :smile:

You should pay the amount that is listed in the auction and nothing more..

You should also contact ebay as this is in the violation and by the way

the bidding is the bidding... anyone who placed a bid should have seen what the

shipping charges were so I don't think your seller has a valid point in that

response at all...

Ask her to readjust the invoice to the correct shipping amount ...

I had a seller do that to me once and eBay told me that it's in violation of policy. After the seller replied somewhat nasty to me, under eBay's direction I didn't pay & told the seller I wasn't going to and why. Then the seller filed non paying bidder after 4 days and eBay found seller in violation and closed the case without me getting a npb strike. I think seller was deemed a non performing seller for refusing to sell to me at the price the auction was won at. Even though she was only invoicing me an extra $10-15 it was the principal of the matter plus her responses were kind of nasty so I especially didn't want to go through with the transaction.
Definitely call eBay.
HTH and good luck!

I agree with everyone else. She can't do this. Can you adjust the invoice back to the original amount? I think that on most invoices, the buyer has this ability. Then just pay the amount you were supposed to and see what she does.

Is there a way to pay on ebay? I never pay through the actual invoice I go through ebay where it says you need to pay for x item or whatever it is...Sorry my explanation sucks because I rarely buy on ebay LOL!

You can't pay on eBay because the new shipping cost has been updated now that the invoice is sent...so whenever I click "Pay Now" it adjusts the shipping to the new cost...

Anyway, whatever, I paid because I really want the bag and now I found one that is much cheaper...stupid me...I'll just buy both and sell one of them.

It bothers me that sellers can just do this though, and if you really want the item you have no choice but to pay.

You can't pay on eBay because the new shipping cost has been updated now that the invoice is sent...so whenever I click "Pay Now" it adjusts the shipping to the new cost...

Anyway, whatever, I paid because I really want the bag and now I found one that is much cheaper...stupid me...I'll just buy both and sell one of them.

It bothers me that sellers can just do this though, and if you really want the item you have no choice but to pay.

You should be able to send money to the recipient via paypal

using sellers e-mail address..

Just looked at Paypal.. there is a send money tab.. when you click

on it says: you can pay for purchases & services

So you can send money that way

Why should you have to buy something when the shipping is more

than the listing states???

Did you contact ebay about this???

OP if I were you I'd contact the seller and tell them I expect a refund of the amount they over charged you on shipping. That is just so wrong, no matter how small the amount of money is. You could also call ebay and complain, they may refund you right away. If the seller won't do the right thing please consider leaving them appropriate feedback.

Ouch...

You should have contacted eBay or told the seller it was a violation of policy and that you were only required to pay the amount listed on the auction page. I'm sooooo sick of these sellers and buyers who think they can do whatever they want. Well, if you wanted the bag that much then I guess what is done is done. I hope you enjoy the bag!

I bought both bags.

But the seller finally responded and said it wasn't worth the 'hassle' and refunded $7. All is technically well.

I'm probably going to sell one of them. I bought the second bag for really cheap because it was listed badly and had one bad picture.

Thanks for your help!