Seller send difference bag

Vily

Apr 14, 2011
Just received the bag today and seller send totally difference bag.. Took some pics and posts in authenticate forum and cfm its Fakes.
So what should I do? Report to Ebay or Paypal SNAD? The reason I asked bc even the bag bought in Ebay but seller had problem with her Paypal account at the time, so her partner send invoice through Paypal. Did spoken to Paypal b4 payment & Paypal advised its ok as long as I put item number & listing description in note.

This is Ebay listing
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

This is the bag recieved, smaller & lining diff colour, no pocket on side

image-1531217847.jpg

image-73301930.jpg

Please help..

Last edited:
Seller probably used someone else's pictures to make you think you were getting an authentic bag. I think I would open the case in Paypal since that is where you paid, but you can call Paypal and ask them first.

Wow! All I can say is...did this seller really think you wouldn't notice something as obvious as completely different coloured lining and lack of pockets? Does this strategy actually work for anyone?

I'm ashamed to see it's an Australian listing but actually that's a big tell in itself. Australian's rarely buy the real thing. I've never bought an authentic item from an Australian seller, especially not at a price that low for a $2k handbag. If it was an authentic bag it would have been listed for $1k+ Not saying it's the OP fault as she couldn't possibly know. But for myself, I know 90% of designer bags on the street here are fakes and that's why I overlook almost all AU listings for designer items. The authentic items I've seen listed have always been listed for very high (near Au retail) prices.

First port of call would be to email seller with something like...

Hi,

Got the bag but you must have sent me the wrong one. Since the one I bid on had different coloured lining and inside pockets. What address shall I send this one back to, and of course you'll be refunding my return postage and purchase price right?

Last edited:
No idea...she must think so:mad:
lesson learn from this

Wow! All I can say is...did this seller really think you wouldn't notice something as obvious as completely different coloured lining and lack of pockets? Does this strategy actually work for anyone?

I'm ashamed to see it's an Australian listing but actually that's a big tipoff in itself. Australian's rarely buy the real thing. I've never bought an authentic item from an Australian seller, especially not at a price that low for a $2k handbag. If it was an authentic bag it would have been listed for $1k+ Not saying it's the OP fault as she couldn't possibly know. But for myself, I know 90% of designer bags on the street here are really bad fakes and that's why I overlook almost all AU listings for designer items. The authentic items I've seen listed have always been listed for very high prices.

Don't worry, no chance she'll get to keep the money as it's very easy to prove she sent you a different item. She must be really, really stupid to think she'd get away with it.

I think if you paid via the PayPal invoice specified the ebay listing ID, you should be eligible to the both PayPal and eBay buyer protection. But the payment was sent to a different account so I suggest to call either eBay or PayPal to make sure you are covered.

Email seller last night, awaiting for her replied. Will give her 24hrs then will file SNAD. Do you think that reasonable??

I don't think it was "reasonable" of her to send you a different bag. If she has made an honest mistake, that is one thing (and it does happen), but if not, then you need to file. I would give her time to respond, then file.

I'm ashamed to see it's an Australian listing but actually that's a big tell in itself. Australian's rarely buy the real thing. I've never bought an authentic item from an Australian seller, especially not at a price that low for a $2k handbag. If it was an authentic bag it would have been listed for $1k+ Not saying it's the OP fault as she couldn't possibly know. But for myself, I know 90% of designer bags on the street here are fakes and that's why I overlook almost all AU listings for designer items. The authentic items I've seen listed have always been listed for very high (near Au retail) prices.

First port of call would be to email seller with something like...

Hi,

Got the bag but you must have sent me the wrong one. Since the one I bid on had different coloured lining and inside pockets. What address shall I send this one back to, and of course you'll be refunding my return postage and purchase price right?

Hmmm... :thinking: I don't know about that because I bought a Chanel jacket from someone in Australia and it was authentic.