Seller says she'll give refund...then nothing!

sailornep5

O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
I bought a pair of shoes, which were sent promptly but were the wrong color. I contacted seller and she agreed to take them back and issue a refund. I sent them back USPS Priority w/Insurance, and delivery confirmation says she received it on 3/24. But she hasn't issued a refund yet...nor responded to any emails...should I just open up a Paypal dispute? Or do a chargeback first?

She has had more than enough time to process your refund so open a Paypal Dispute, if she doesn't reply escalate to a claim immediately. Good luck!

She has had more than enough time to process your refund so open a Paypal Dispute, if she doesn't reply escalate to a claim immediately. Good luck!

I agree. Open a dispute first.

You usually can't do a chargeback until your statement closes anyway. My credit card makes me try to resolve it with the merchant and a Paypal dispute and the tracking number should suffice if it comes to that.

I had this happen to me once but the dispute was enough to "scare" the seller.

I agree, open the dispute with paypal first. You can always contact your credit card company after.
I agree completely. I would not recommend doing both at the same time. Once Paypal gets wind you have opened a dispute with your CC they will automatically close your claim with them. Also provide PP with all the tracking info, etc and I'm positive you'll get your refund.