Seller requests I accept cancellation notice so she doesn't have to pay fees?

LVBagLady

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
I got this email from the seller I bought an item from . I paid through PayPal and we both left each other positive feedback. I'm not comfortable with this.

"I sure hope you're enjoying the bag!!
I have a big favor to ask of you. Would you consider accepting if I sent you a cancellation notice on the auction so I don't have to pay seller fees? I was going to put the reason as buyer changed her mind which is an option I can use when doing it however all you have to do is accept you don't have to write anything or do anything else. Could you please let me know ASAP? Ebay has nothing to do with the cancellation after you accept as far as your concerned all it does is credit me my fees. No one loses the feedback either. I would GREATLY appreciate it :smile:
Let me know and I'll send it right away.....
Thanks a million!!"

I got this email from the seller I bought an item from . I paid through PayPal and we both left each other positive feedback. I'm not comfortable with this.

"I sure hope you're enjoying the bag!!
I have a big favor to ask of you. Would you consider accepting if I sent you a cancellation notice on the auction so I don't have to pay seller fees? I was going to put the reason as buyer changed her mind which is an option I can use when doing it however all you have to do is accept you don't have to write anything or do anything else. Could you please let me know ASAP? Ebay has nothing to do with the cancellation after you accept as far as your concerned all it does is credit me my fees. No one loses the feedback either. I would GREATLY appreciate it :smile:
Let me know and I'll send it right away.....
Thanks a million!!"

NO!! In fact, if that message came through ebay messages, I'd be a biotch and report the message as "fee circumvention."

Ebay has earned those fees and the seller should pay them just like the rest of the honest sellers who sell.

Rather than ignore the seller's request, I'd suggest responding and tell her exactly what you think of her cheating tactics!

After I posted, I thought of reporting. All I have for internet access is my smart phone. Not seeing the report button. Will go to my sister's and use her pc later.
This is upsetting to me that she would ask me to do this. Turns me off to buying on Ebay.

LVBagLady said:
After I posted, I thought of reporting. All I have for internet access is my smart phone. Not seeing the report button. Will go to my sister's and use her pc later.
This is upsetting to me that she would ask me to do this. Turns me off to buying on Ebay.

Don't let it turn you off not all sellers are this way she just wants to cheat eBay out of money which is so wrong. I hope you are able to report her that way it will send a message that this kind of tactic is unacceptable.

LVBagLady said:

If you go on eBay via safari and not the app, there's a option at the bottom to view it in the "classic view" it's kind of a pain but you can see the report features that way.

Agree with everyone but am mighty curious as to what her reason is for this and whether she does it often.

Have never come across this one before (well not when a transaction has completed anyway!)

I think eBay fees are ridiculous but what she's asking you to do is unethical. I would not offer to cancel. If she doesn't want to pay the fees she should sell her things elsewhere.

vernis-lover said:
Agree with everyone but am mighty curious as to what her reason is for this and whether she does it often.

Have never come across this one before (well not when a transaction has completed anyway!)

eBay fees were just do maybe She's behind on dues and there going to suspend her account and items. Does she have items currently up for sale?

She emailed me again to see if I got her msg. I messaged her back that it was something I am not comfortable doing. I pay my seller fees whether I like to or not because I chose to use Ebay. She msg me back thanking me and said that a lot if sellers are doing on this ebay on ebay and to expect more requests like this. She said she found out about it from other sellers.
This bothers me because up until today I considered her a top notch seller. The communication was great, shipped fast, very friendly. Item authentic. But this just turned me off. The bag has already been authenticated by Carol Diva, otherwise I'd be doubting that too.

She emailed me again to see if I got her msg. I messaged her back that it was something I am not comfortable doing. I pay my seller fees whether I like to or not because I chose to use Ebay. She msg me back thanking me and said that a lot if sellers are doing on this ebay on ebay and to expect more requests like this. She said she found out about it from other sellers.
This bothers me because up until today I considered her a top notch seller. The communication was great, shipped fast, very friendly. Item authentic. But this just turned me off. The bag has already been authenticated by Carol Diva, otherwise I'd be doubting that too.

Wow, so because everyone steals you should help her stealing?
The rationale is killing me!
Good for you for standing your ground, personally I would have reported the seller.
Think it over.

I can't believe she had the nerve to tell you everyone on eBay is doing this. I've never come across something like that.

eBay fees are high, but if she doesn't like it she should sell elsewhere. It's extremely annoying that she put you in this position.

I would definitely report her.