Seller relisted and sold again a bag i bought before i was able to pay!

Different people have different thresholds as to what deserves a neg. For me negs are for scammers and bullies. I really don't think your seller intended to disrespect you or go against eBay policies. She did try and reach you and couldn't reach you for the day. She inadvertently ended up with two buyers for the same item. You were first so it should have gone to you but by the time the dust settled she was maybe looking for the easier transaction.

For me this was for a negative. She couldn't reach me for a few hours and was sooo impatient? I have never had a seller being so impatient and sending all these messages after invoicing. Nobody is connected to ebay all day. If the seller is so suspicious, she can add immediate payment. Since she has not, what she did was wrong and for me as a buyer is a negative transaction.

For me this was for a negative. She couldn't reach me for a few hours and was sooo impatient? I have never had a seller being so impatient and sending all these messages after invoicing. Nobody is connected to ebay all day. If the seller is so suspicious, she can add immediate payment. Since she has not, what she did was wrong and for me as a buyer is a negative transaction.
She had no business relisting so soon. I never relist until the unpaid buyer dispute is closed, since the buyer is allowed that much time to pay. If she hadn't relisted a bag she already sold, she wouldn't have had the problem of two buyers.

And if I want to be suspicious about her, I can think that a buyer was searching completed listings for such a bag, contacted her and asking if the bag has been paid and she found the chance to resell in order to get payment immediately with higher cost. Because at the moment she relisted, there was a buyer "about to buy" per her words... 1) How did the bag find a buyer so quickly? 2) How did she know that someone else was about to buy? I don't usually contact sellers when a listing is complete to tell them I am bout to buy. And all this happened within less than an hour.

She had no business relisting so soon. I never relist until the unpaid buyer dispute is closed, since the buyer is allowed that much time to pay. If she hadn't relisted a bag she already sold, she wouldn't have had the problem of two buyers.

But didn't the seller resist so she could adjust the shipping parameters to allow the OP to pay for the shipping?

But didn't the seller resist so she could adjust the shipping parameters to allow the OP to pay for the shipping?

She had already sent an invoice with the agreed shipping cost and then all of the sudden she relisted with increased shipping cost, telling that it is more risky ro ship internationally. And that another buyer was about to purchase.

Reactions: whateve
She had already sent an invoice with the agreed shipping cost and then all of the sudden she relisted with increased shipping cost, telling that it is more risky ro ship internationally. And that another buyer was about to purchase.

You do know that by invoicing you for extra shipping costs outside of eBay, that that is breaking eBay rules as the FVF also includes the postage. Its all very well berating her for breaking ebay policies but you cant then query why she didn't break them when it suits.

I think she realised that it costs lot more to send it to you in Greece with with seller protection

She realised that invoicing you the extra outside of ebay was infact breaking those rules.

She then panicked and then had to relist as ebay wouldn't have let her change the original listing.

She did it straight away..and yes it is possible that another buyer saw it straight away as ebay sends listings via email for similar things that people have missed out on previously. You weren't aware that she had relisted just for you to be able to buy and you were out of contact.

Perhaps she didn' tick the pay immediately button as on previous occasions it hasn' been an issue and her previous buyers have paid immediately so she didn't realise the button existed.

For all those virtuous people who think the seller should have just have "sucked it up" and paid the extra... You have no idea what her financial situation is ... She could need every penny to make ends meet or to provide a nice Christmas for her family and those obviously come first before an anonymous buyer.. but I don't know and neither does anyone else.

You dinged her feedback, sent angry emails, reported her and are going do your best to ensure she doesn't get her FVF refunded .. I think thats rather mean ...

You do know that by invoicing you for extra shipping costs outside of eBay, that that is breaking eBay rules as the FVF also includes the postage. Its all very well berating her for breaking ebay policies but you cant then query why she didn't break them when it suits.

I think she realised that it costs lot more to send it to you in Greece with with seller protection

She realised that invoicing you the extra outside of ebay was infact breaking those rules.

She then panicked and then had to relist as ebay wouldn't have let her change the original listing.

She did it straight away..and yes it is possible that another buyer saw it straight away as ebay sends listings via email for similar things that people have missed out on previously. You weren't aware that she had relisted just for you to be able to buy and you were out of contact.

Perhaps she didn' tick the pay immediately button as on previous occasions it hasn' been an issue and her previous buyers have paid immediately so she didn't realise the button existed.

For all those virtuous people who think the seller should have just have "sucked it up" and paid the extra... You have no idea what her financial situation is ... She could need every penny to make ends meet or to provide a nice Christmas for her family and those obviously come first before an anonymous buyer.. but I don't know and neither does anyone else.

You dinged her feedback, sent angry emails, reported her and are going do your best to ensure she doesn't get her FVF refunded .. I think thats rather mean ...

Who said she should invoice me outside of ebay? She sent an ebay invoice and she could send a revised one again through ebay. Have you read anywhere, anything regarding invoices and transactions outside of ebay?
I will write it again, a seller cant ask for higher shipping cost after the end of the auction. It is against ebay rules. BUT again, if she wanted to charge more, she could send me a personal message explaining, and if we were on agreement, she could send a revised invoice through ebay with the new shipping cost or while online, relist so I can buy immediately. While my purchase was pending payment, she had no job relisting so that other could buy. She did not cancel our transaction, just relisted.

Its your opinion that what I did was mean ebay agreed that she seller performed in a bad way. I did not do anything wrong. She should respect the "anonymous buyer" who was about tu buy her bag, give her money etc... Maybe I wanted the bag for a present for christmas and I was screwed.

And while attacking me, you don't say anything about the fact that even she made a honest mistake, she did not honor the first buyer and sold the bag to the second. Neither for the fact that she wanted to increase shipping cost AFTER the end of the auction, and after telling me that she will ship to greece with the same shipping cost. She should have search earlier. She is a bad seller for my standards.

Reactions: lightpinkdaisy
I have read this entire thread as well as the sellers feedback. I definitely understand the OP’s frustration here and agree that the item should have not been resisted while waiting for payment. As a seller on eBay and looking at everything in a whole I really believe this was a case of an inexperienced seller. Most of her feedback is purchasing not selling. eBay can be tricky when not knowing all the rules before listing an item. Now don’t get me wrong I am not siding with any one it just really sounds like an honest mistake. No pun intended but I do believe buyers need to make sure they are really checking the seller. I guess I am speaking for my items in particular because they are in the thousands usually. Unfortunately OP I guess I don’t agree with leaving negative feedback as people make mistakes. I suppose I would have chalked it up to I saved 400 bucks and went on my way. It really sounds like the seller just didn’t know what she was doing. International shipping can be very tricky as this is why I do not ship international and I also require immediate payment. You have to realize there are different types of sellers on eBay - sellers who need the money and sellers who are selling as a business or like myself who sell because things are not used and I know I can sell for good money. Again I understand your frustration OP and definitely not attacking you at all just giving my opinion as a seller. I wouldn’t go as far as calling her a bad seller I just think she didn’t know. The seller sounds inexperienced and as others have mentioned it is difficult to really get the clear picture with out the sellers side and also the lack of selling feedback does not help and is a red flag.

Last edited:
And while attacking me, you don't say anything about the fact that even she made a honest mistake, she did not honor the first buyer and sold the bag to the second. Neither for the fact that she wanted to increase shipping cost AFTER the end of the auction, and after telling me that she will ship to greece with the same shipping cost. She should have search earlier. She is a bad seller for my standards.

I am not attacking you, I am disagreeing with you based on the information you have provided.
You asked for opinions, I have given you mine.
If you had asked only for those who are in agreement with you to answer then I would not have replied.
I hope you are able to secure another bag and I will now bow out of this thread as I do not wish to have a slanging match. Best to agree to disagree ....

She didn't need to do that. She could have sent a revised invoice with whichever costs she wanted to add. Ebay gives the seller the option to include all kinds of extra charges in an invoice, including adjusting the shipping cost. Then the OP would have the option to argue that it wasn't what was agreed upon. The buyer was unable to pay immediately after purchase because she had to wait for the invoice with the shipping costs.

If she really wanted to relist, she could have marked the listing as reserved so no one else would buy in the meantime.

She didn't need to do that. She could have sent a revised invoice with whichever costs she wanted to add. Ebay gives the seller the option to include all kinds of extra charges in an invoice, including adjusting the shipping cost. Then the OP would have the option to argue that it wasn't what was agreed upon. The buyer was unable to pay immediately after purchase because she had to wait for the invoice with the shipping costs.

If she really wanted to relist, she could have marked the listing as reserved so no one else would buy in the meantime.

Do you really think the average closet cleaning seller would know how to do all that? Ebay has made it so confusing that even experienced sellers such as myself struggle. Ebay is of absolutely no help when it comes to helping a confused seller sort through the morass of crap they have put in place. IMO most of it is set up to help small sellers fail. They have eviscerated the help boards and the info you are likely to receive from a phone rep is a toss up as to its accuracy. Look how they word the choices in responding to a dispute. How many sellers inadvertently click on the refund choice letting the buyer keep both item and money. They could change it but the fact that they haven't speaks volumes.
I haven't seen one comment here saying that the seller makes a habit of behaving badly. If there is a pattern then yes, a neg would be warranted. But if it is a one off by a less than experienced non professional seller then the neg says much more about the giver than the receiver.

Do you really think the average closet cleaning seller would know how to do all that? Ebay has made it so confusing that even experienced sellers such as myself struggle. Ebay is of absolutely no help when it comes to helping a confused seller sort through the morass of crap they have put in place. IMO most of it is set up to help small sellers fail. They have eviscerated the help boards and the info you are likely to receive from a phone rep is a toss up as to its accuracy. Look how they word the choices in responding to a dispute. How many sellers inadvertently click on the refund choice letting the buyer keep both item and money. They could change it but the fact that they haven't speaks volumes.
I haven't seen one comment here saying that the seller makes a habit of behaving badly. If there is a pattern then yes, a neg would be warranted. But if it is a one off by a less than experienced non professional seller then the neg says much more about the giver than the receiver.
On a return, the top option is already checked, and it is to accept the return, not to refund. I made that mistake recently when all I wanted to do was send the buyer a message.

In your first post you said you were out of reach from the time you left for work in the morning until the evening. This is more than a few hours. It might not have been impatience as much as trying to close the deal with you before the other buyer got in. In any case, you have to do what makes you feel right. Gutting a seller for something like this doesn't feel right to me.