Seller refusing to ship to my country?

karetoll

Aug 3, 2015
I recently found a listing that gave the price, said it shipped worldwide, and that the buyer should contact for the shipping options.

Was interested, so I contacted the seller.

Didn't hear anything for a week. Couldn't complete the purchase until the shipping price was announced. Finally heard back today that they ship worldwide, but they've decided not to ship to the US anymore, as they don't like the politics.

I'll survive not being able to purchase the item. But I sort of want to know if there's a way to report a seller who says they ship worldwide, then decides not to ship to a country.

Reactions: whateve
I wouldn't mind principles over money, if it weren't that the person seems to be only hurting me, not the people he wants to take a stand against. I'm just not sure how not liking American politics translates to refusing to sell to a particular person, not even knowing if they're a citizen of said country, or what their politics are.
Maybe the seller is located in one of the countries that on the ban right now and because of it they don't want to ship anything to the US. Or perhaps, the seller had some issues with customs or buyers prior and that's a reason they refuse to send anything to the US. They don't know you personally and I'm sure they don't realize that you are upset. At the end it's their item and their desicion whom to sell and what country to ship. If I were you I would suggest them to change their shipping information and specify that they don't ship to the US.

Unfortunately this is the new norm. I am not surprised. This is just a sad new reality now. The seller should as a courtesy specify no US shipping. Mods if this response is political, please delete and accept my

The seller is in London. I'm trying to replace a couple items that are part of a set I bought in the UK and which got broken accidentally this winter. Nothing political about the items, except for his response. I'm just surprised he can over-rule his own listing for a reason like that. I've bought from the user in the past, but like almost 2 years ago when we were getting Easter things.