Seller refunded my money

Jun 13, 2007
Hi everyone,

I won a dress from ebay bid and received it in 3 days. I inspected it, it had a mild funky smell and tiny hair in the neckline and it never looked new at all, well i figured i can just wash it off. Before I did, i checked the 2 side pockets and found a run that lead to a hole in the right pocket. So I emailed the seller and told her about the stuff I discovered. I was so scared that she'd be nasty because she stated in the bid that she does not accept returns. I did not have time to ask questions because I bid on the last minute.
Well, she told me to send it back but added that she won't be able to give me a refund right away, she will be gone for a week. I sent the dress back in time for her to receive it when she gets home which is last saturday. But before that, I took a lot of pictures with the hole just in case she will deny it and I bought an insurance for the package.
So, I just waited and finally received an email from her asking me which side of the pocket was the run and hole that I found because it is not apparent. I emailed her back and told her where it is. Then she asked for the email address I used with paypal.
Minutes ago, I received an email that she just sent me my money back and apologized.
Such I relief. I had been buying stuff from ebay and this was the first time I encountered a little problem but I am glad the seller was nice.

Question: Should I leave her a positive feedback in ebay? Do I need to ask her if she wanted me to do it or just send her an email telling her that I am thankful for a nice experience despite the little problem?

I would definitely leave positive feedback, although you are disappointed, it seems the seller handled it professionally and without any aggravation. A note to the seller is a nice touch and I'm sure will be appreciated.

I think you should. the seller was nice and it appears to have been a very easily overlooked mistake.

As far as the "newness", it is possible it could have been tried on in the store, and I often find things that come from other places than my own home to have a smell, just because it is in a different atmosphere than what I am used to.

I bellieve the majority sellers are honest and responsible. If I were you, I sure will leave her a positive feedback. We are all human beings, and we all make mistakes. She sure is a good seller since she correct the mistake she made.

Was she patient and friendly in her response to you or did she have an attitude? I know it's a hassle to be disappointed in an item and have to return it but depending on how the seller handles it I wouldn't mind leaving a positive if they were very helpful and apologetic. As someone else said, mistakes happen. On the other hand, you were out return shipping for an item that was not as described - so maybe a neutral. It really depends on how you feel about the transaction. Was it a negative experience or a positive one? Just kind of ok?

Linda

Ok, thanks for all the comments. I left her a positive feedback and also emailed her how thankful I am for handling it very well. I also noticed that she relisted it but this time, she mentioned about the run and hole in the side pockets. I think she really is an honest seller :smile:

I do not mean to hijack this thread but I dont want to start a new one on the same topic. I received a refund recently and I want to give the seller a good feedback because she was really nice about everything.

The problem is she sent me a mutually agree to cancel transaction email through ebay and I agreed. I do not know how to leave a feedbak because it just says case closed and when I click on the star tab to leave feed back it routes be back to the same page. How do I leave feed back for a closed transaction or can I not do it?

Ok, thanks for all the comments. I left her a positive feedback and also emailed her how thankful I am for handling it very well. I also noticed that she relisted it but this time, she mentioned about the run and hole in the side pockets. I think she really is an honest seller :smile:

Glad that everything work out for you!!!. This is out of the topic, But I have to say, your dogs are too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you say that the dress was in far worse condition than the auction description implied and if so, do you find it very hard to believe that the seller didn't know it was used (or heavily tried on) and that it had the run?

If so, perhaps you should leave a neg, or a neutral (perhaps the latter, seeing as she was nice about it?), to warn others?

If, however, you feel the condition is only a bit worse than described and the seller could, easily, have genuinely overlooked the condition and the run, then I would leave a positive. :smile: