Seller offer outside eBay, payment sent, need help please!

Nov 27, 2007
This is my big mistake ever for buying on eBay since 2004. I seen an item on eBay that I really interested and want to buy it as a gift for someone special to me. Seller was listing the item by auction online , time of the auction end in 6 more days so I can't wait because I need it in this week. I emailed him if he consider as buy it now option . After 5 messages through eBay system, I made him an offer yesterday, he was ok with it and he offered me send the money through his PayPal account and he will ship the item today. I sent him $1750 to his PP account, he didn't respond anything since then. The listing on eBay still on with 19 bidders.

What to do now? please advice!

do believe that you can reverse the payment.. check with paypal....hope you paid by cc..

you may have to wait 24hrs to see if it has reflected on your account... did the seller

forget that he accepted your off for $1750 and you have paid him?

just went to pp out of curiousity.... yes you can cancel an unclaimed payment..

log into your pp account, go to my account tab, click history sub tab & click cancel

good luck & hope this works for you....if you need help contact pp directly...

hotshot: your replay make me feel better. Thank you!
Yes, I paid by CC and the transaction is completed. Yesterday he was answer my questions promptly. Since I made the payment, I didn't heard anything from him. Hopefully he will contact me today and ship my item, I really need it in this week.

If seller won't ship my item, what do I do in the next step since my item bought not on eBay? Thank you.

Oh, Do I need to wait for 45 days or something like that to make a claim?

hotshot: your replay make me feel better. Thank you!
Yes, I paid by CC and the transaction is completed. Yesterday he was answer my questions promptly. Since I made the payment, I didn't heard anything from him. Hopefully he will contact me today and ship my item, I really need it in this week.

If seller won't ship my item, what do I do in the next step since my item bought not on eBay? Thank you.

Oh, Do I need to wait for 45 days or something like that to make a claim?

No - 45 days from the time the payment was sent is the longest that you have to make a claim.

If he doesn't end the auction and respond to you w/tracking, try and cancel the payment. If you can't cancel it, file a claim for Item Not Received.

if you don't hear back from your seller in the next 24hours, personally, would try to cancel
the payment.. the seller is not being responsive and once he has your money you will
have to go through pp to file an INR

if you don't hear back from your seller in the next 24hours, personally, would try to cancel
the payment.. the seller is not being responsive and once he has your money you will
have to go through pp to file an INR

OP cannot cancel a payment once sent unless its unclaimed. Best bet is to file INR as soon as she is able.

just went to pp out of curiousity.... yes you can cancel an unclaimed payment..

log into your pp account, go to my account tab, click history sub tab & click cancel

good luck & hope this works for you....if you need help contact pp directly...

OP cannot cancel a payment once sent unless its unclaimed. Best bet is to file INR as soon as she is able.

yes, after checking on pp, money has to be unclaimed in order to cancel

transaction...just hoping OP does this sooner than later and won't

have to file INR...

OP, you might be able to call your credit card company at the number on the back of the card. Tell them about the charge and that you want to cancel it. (Paypal won't cancel but your c.c. company should be able to stop the payment.)

What is the history and reputation of the seller?