Seller not Sending - and PP refund question

clevercat

catwoman
Sep 29, 2008
13,345
4,512
Hello - looking for a little advice. I won an auction for a coat over the weekend. Paid immediately on Sunday evening and was expecting delivery this week. Have to say it was a complete bargain and I was surprised I was the only bidder. This morning I had an email (sent direct to my email address and not through eBay) from the seller - to say she is away on holiday and not back until the middle of the month, so unable to send and could refund. Should I leave negative feedback? Or just suck it up, as at least I will get my money back. IDK quite why I am feeling so uncomfortable about this.....perhaps because seller chose not to go through eBay when she contacted me.
TIA - I know it's not a big deal, but it's annoying me :smile:
 
Last edited:
Apr 15, 2007
64,213
12,111
Perhaps your seller chose to respond via your personal e-mail & not via ebay so you would not
open a dispute since you haven't received your item & she thought perhaps you might file an INR.

Do you want the coat or do you want the refund??
If you don't want the coat, I would ask for the refund asap... you should not have to
wait until the middle of the month for a refund that's for sure.

Her communication wasn't the greatest (she knew she was going on vacation when
you bought the coat) she should have communicated that sooner than this & I don't know that
I would leave a negative but would ding her shipping stars for sure & communication too.
 

clevercat

catwoman
Sep 29, 2008
13,345
4,512
Perhaps your seller chose to respond via your personal e-mail & not via ebay so you would not
open a dispute since you haven't received your item & she thought perhaps you might file an INR.

Do you want the coat or do you want the refund??
If you don't want the coat, I would ask for the refund asap... you should not have to
wait until the middle of the month for a refund that's for sure.

Her communication wasn't the greatest (she knew she was going on vacation when
you bought the coat) she should have communicated that sooner than this & I don't know that
I would leave a negative but would ding her shipping stars for sure & communication too.

Thank you, hotshot - I asked for a refund, as she was very hazy about when she would be able to send it out to me.
 
Apr 15, 2007
64,213
12,111
Thank you, hotshot - I asked for a refund, as she was very hazy about when she would be able to send it out to me.


You need to put some pressure on her... You want your refund NOW

She can process the refund & access her pp account...

At this point, you don't seem to want to wait for the coat..

So you can decide whether to file the INR (time frame may be a

few days before you can open a claim)

The seller should refund without being hazy....& because of this I would

re-evaluate the feedback I would leave...
 

clevercat

catwoman
Sep 29, 2008
13,345
4,512
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied. As I had planned to wear the coat at an event this week, I requested a refund. Not too sure what to do about feedback - maybe a neutral? Anyway, thank you!
 

clevercat

catwoman
Sep 29, 2008
13,345
4,512
Has she refunded you yet?

I would ding her communication stars for sure & probably would leave a neutral

Just checked PP and the refund is pending until tomorrow. Is that normal? This is only the second refund I've had with PP. I'll definitely leave a neutral. The coat is still on my watch list - I'm just interested to see what the opening bid will be when it's next listed.
 
Top