Seller miscalculated shipping

As of to low shipping charges, some sellers made it this way instead of give free shipping. I think I read in here a seller wrote that her star is higher for shipping and handling when she lower the shipping charges, instead of give free shipping. Her thought was that her customers feels she is generous in lower the actual cost if shipping, while if give free shipping, customer think that she put the price of the item higher to cover the "free" shipping.
And I absolutely agree, way to early too file claim of anything especially non performing seller.
So OP I think you should not worry about the too low shipping charges, it is not your problem.

Actually, free shipping gives sellers automatic 5 in the shipping star, however, most sellers will ship via the slowest method for free. When charging the actual shipping cost, not even the handling fee, sellers may still suffer, because some buyers will ding their shipping star because they may feel that shipping should have been for free or may get mad at something else and dings a shipping star for no real reason.

Some sellers care about the stars, because that effects their TRS and therefore fee discount, but some don't care about jumping through numerous Ebay hoops in order to keep their discount.

I'm not saying she has to wait 45 days to file INR. I'm just pointing out the she has plenty of time and at this point, it's only been 3-4 days.

I don't know whether they still have NPS. But when the buyer has paid and the item doesn't get to the buyer, the dispute would be INR. IMO, that's the easier dispute for a buyer to win.

Since ebay is often inconsistent with its policies and each customer service rep has their own interpretation of the policy, often, you'll get an explanation of "we can't force the seller to sell" and they don't ding the seller's account. However if the buyer wins INR, the seller will be dinged.

At this point though, it's premature to worry about disputes to file. It's way too early. Ebay's seller protection gives the seller 7 days to ship and it hasn't been that long.

There is no more NPS report, but sellers do get their accounts dinged big time, by the feedback and lower then 5 on their stars.

I’ve been on the road for few days, sorry. It is an international transaction and the seller did ship today (YAY!). Still no response or acknowledgment on the extra funds I sent though (I’m superstitious – I believe in vibes and I’d rather not own an item that the seller sent with hateful feelings). The low shipping is a definite mistake – I got in touch with the buyer who left the Negative. She is France and the seller refused to ship unless she pays the actual shipping and did send her an invoice with shipping, higher than stated in the listing (something that I believe is against the eBay policy) hence the Negative.

So, this one although sort of frustrating, so far is going well.

Since the seller has shipped, so far you are ahead of the game.

It was nice of you to pay the extra shipping & at this point it doesn't

seem you have a communicative seller.

Hope your package arrives safe & sound with no other issues to deal with...