Seller keeps asking me if I want a refund

Rain12

Apr 19, 2007
You're probably thinking "so what?", but it's starting to drive me insane. I need to vent! :cursing:
A while back I bought a tiny bag (used), and I managed to get it for just a few bucks. After a week or so the seller wrote to me saying she accidently sent it in the wrong box which made the postal service return it to her. She asked if I wanted a refund, and I said I would rather have her re-send the bag, as I'd much rather get that than the $10 or whatever I paid for the bag and shipping. Now she send me another message saying she was having problems sending it and she was ready to just refund the money. I'm really not interested in that, I just want the bag.
Do you think maybe she sold the bag to someone else or regretted putting it on ebay and that's why she keeps asking me if I want a refund?

I did tell her twice that I'd much rather get the bag than the refund. I don't care about the few bucks I paid, but I really need a bag that size, color and style.

She doesn't want to sell it to you. I think she is just making up excuses. I believe she wants more money for it. I hope she does the right thing and sends it to you. Keep us posted.

I bought a supposed Chanel recently, paid for it, and then almost instantly received a refund from the seller. She said that she had discovered a tiny flaw in the bag that was not disclosed in the auction. I told her I wanted the bag anyway. She finally agreed to send it. Fake, fake, fake and smelled like horrible chemicals. It was bought using BIN and I think she saw my feedback and realized I would know it was not authentic. I sent it back and got a second refund. This seller had, to my knowledge, only sold authentic items until that point. She then tried to slip in this fake into her listings. Your seller may have sold you a fake and then realized you would be aware of that once you received it. Or it could well be seller's remorse. Best of luck!

I got another message from her asking if I was willing to send another $4.50 because shipping was more than she had said it was (she claimed it will cost $8.50 or something like that to send the bag). But I paid $10.60 for shipping and handling, so I wrote her back saying what I paid should still cover the shipping plus a few bucks for handling as well.

I got another message from her asking if I was willing to send another $4.50 because shipping was more than she had said it was (she claimed it will cost $8.50 or something like that to send the bag). But I paid $10.60 for shipping and handling, so I wrote her back saying what I paid should still cover the shipping plus a few bucks for handling as well.

What a nightmare. This seller is just trying to get more money out of you. Tell her you paid what the auction stated and she should ship your item immediately. If not, report her to Ebay for asking for additional money to complete the transaction.

If USPS returned it her because SHE sent it in the wrong box, then you are not obligated to pay any more insurance. I would politely point this out to her and remind her (like maritza stated) it is against ebay policy to ask for more money after the transaction.

Also, how long ago was a while ago? Make sure you don't miss any deadlines for filing a complaint.

I hate having to cause problems because of something as small as this, but it's just so annoying! If she didn't want the bag to sell for that little money she shouldn't have started the bidding it at 99 cents!

I hate having to cause problems because of something as small as this, but it's just so annoying! If she didn't want the bag to sell for that little money she shouldn't have started the bidding it at 99 cents!

I bet she won't use 99c auctions anymore, or will set a reserve next time. To me, the amount of money is mute. If you didn't pay her she would definately file a NPB, why should bidders allow sellers to get away with not sending the item.

I meant to say above "you are not obligated to pay more shipping cost" not "insurance":shame:...... If you don't mind paying more shipping, that is fine, but you don't have to.

Good luck!