Seller insentives for Free Shipping - gee I wonder why...

Nyria

Diggin TPF
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
At first I was like 'Why do they want us to offer free shipping' But then I realized:
It's so seller put the shipping fee into the item price and then ebay gets their share.

Here's a thought - how about insentives for HONEST shipping? No, because ebay still isn't getting andy $ from the shipping fees (but I am sure they'll change that soon too) :rolleyes:

Seller incentives for offering free shipping

At first I was like 'Why do they want us to offer free shipping' But then I realized:
It's so seller put the shipping fee into the item price and then ebay gets their share.

Here's a thought - how about insentives for HONEST shipping? No, because ebay still isn't getting andy $ from the shipping fees (but I am sure they'll change that soon too) :rolleyes:

Seller incentives for offering free shipping

I had the same thought pattern. *why* do they want us to do this? And then it hit me like a ton of bricks. ugh. :cursing:

I do honest shipping. Actually use the calculated shipping fees. However it always cost me more to ship with all of the packing items (boxes, bubble wrap, etc.). Hence I just cough it up as a Selling expense. This still doesn't always make the buyer happy.

I do honest shipping. Actually use the calculated shipping fees. However it always cost me more to ship with all of the packing items (boxes, bubble wrap, etc.). Hence I just cough it up as a Selling expense. This still doesn't always make the buyer happy.

I am exactly the same way. But I make sure to mention it a couple times in my listing because I ship from Canada and shipping prices are so high people think I'm jacking them up.
But anything else I would feel like I was scamming - I just can't do 'handling' fees.