Seller harassed me for neutral rating

Hi guys, I've recently bought a pair of shoes from eBay and when they arrived I found that seller stated the wrong height for me. I could not simply live with it as I could not walk in them (real height was higher than stated, and my tolerance limit). So I contacted the seller (I did not open a case, though I have grounds to) and wanted to return. Seller offered me a discount but I told him I'm not fishing for a discount, and that another potential buyer might want to buy them at full price. Reluctantly they agreed to take it back. All was well until I updated seller with tracking. Then all of a suddenly seller went all ballistic on me and said I shouldn't contact him. He would refund when he received them (used pretty nasty words). I told him I was merely updating status, but no, that did not stop the very nasty messages. What did I do wrong???
I did get my refund in the end. I should have given a negative rating for the trauma but instead I held it in and gave a neutral rating instead (no way I'll give a positive rating for this sh*t). Now seller just wrote an even nastier message to harass me!

My question is can I report to eBay for this type of seller harassment? Seriously this type of people should not even be in business at all!

You probably caught the seller at the wrong moment IYKWIM..

You did not do anything wrong the seller did, IMO.. Being unprofessional & rude
is just inappropriate. You already got your refund & left the neutral.

If the seller continues to harass you report him again..

O my God he just sent me another hate mail!! Can't believe some people can go so low! I'm going to report again. I wonder if eBay will actually do anything about it. Does anyone have similar experience?

I've not had anywhere near such an awful experience, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this! Definitely report again, especially if he keeps harassing you. Not OK.

I have to agree, unfortunately there's not a lot of action from eBay.

A few months ago my husband had a case where the buyer didn't pay and was very rude, he wanted to leave negative feedback for the buyer but was told he couldn't and all they could do was put a strike against the buyer's name.

There was no way of warning others about this non paying rude buyer.

I have just reported again.
Now I'm wondering if next time I should have just opened a case, gave negative feedback where it was due... Tired of being nice!

You did the right thing. Always contact the seller before opening a case. You just happened upon a jerk. There a more of us honest sellers that will work with our buyers than there are not.

Stop responding to the seller and just hit "report this message" and check harassment with every message.

Did you notice that the seller is accusing you of sending repeated harassing messages?

ETA: I also saw that the seller did change the description. For the shoes you bought, they were listed as 3-1/2" but for the new listing, she has 4"