Seller gives me 70 hours after auction ends to pay - not mentioned in listing

hya_been

Dec 11, 2008
Hello,

I won an item yesterday and requested an invoice immediately to get shipping. The seller is new and replied with an invoice right away, now it's been 20 hours and they've sent me another invoice saying that I have 48 hours to pay. I always pay within the first 24 hours, but I am aware Ebay policy gives me 7 days to pay. The seller mentioned nothing in the listing about payment being required within less than 3 days. I am wondering whether this is actually allowed and if I should let the seller know? I just found it very rude. I know they want their money, but I asked how long it would take to ship after paying right when I won (auction says seller ships within 10 days) and no reply....

I always pay right when I win or whenever I get to a computer. As a seller I can't stand it when someone wins and waits days to pay. I would have responded though to your e-mail right away as well. Maybe she is hoping you pay soon so she can send it out before the weekend, or maybe one invoice was from ebay and one was from her. The first time I sold something on ebay I got a little antsy too waitng for payment, maybe it is because she is new too selling and is scared she might have to file a NPB, which is what I had to do the first time I sold something

I think the standard rule is 4 days and it doesn't matter what the seller says. I put 48 hours in my auction and some people just take longer to pay. It is annoying, but there is nothing I can do. As a buyer I pay right away or atleast send an email as to when I will pay.

I always pay right when I win or whenever I get to a computer. As a seller I can't stand it when someone wins and waits days to pay. I would have responded though to your e-mail right away as well.

ITA! I do not understand why buyers wait to pay. (If they are not able to access internet, that is different situation of course.)

ITA! I do not understand why buyers wait to pay. (If they are not able to access internet, that is different situation of course.)

^^^Totally agree with you. Why wait for 4/7 days to pay? I always pay immediately and request immediate payment...So far I have been lucky, Just one NPB, the rest pay promptly. Thank Goodness.

Ebay automatically sends an "end of auction" invoice. Your seller might not know that and probably just hit the "send invoice" button on her computer. But, like the other said, you have four days - it doesn't matter what the seller says. I'd age it like fine wine and pay at 3 days and 23 hours, but that's just my passive aggressive side talking....LOL!!

would suggest paying as soon as you can.. this seller is either inexperienced

meaning they didn't realize ebay sends an automatic invoice or they will just

keep sending e-mails with a reminder..when you do pay you might let them know nicely

that you the buyer has 4 days to pay unless otherwise noted in the auction..

enjoy your item..

Hello,

I won an item yesterday and requested an invoice immediately to get shipping. The seller is new and replied with an invoice right away, now it's been 20 hours and they've sent me another invoice saying that I have 48 hours to pay. I always pay within the first 24 hours, but I am aware Ebay policy gives me 7 days to pay. The seller mentioned nothing in the listing about payment being required within less than 3 days. I am wondering whether this is actually allowed and if I should let the seller know? I just found it very rude. I know they want their money, but I asked how long it would take to ship after paying right when I won (auction says seller ships within 10 days) and no reply....

I hope the seller know that s/he have to ship within 7 days to qualify for paypal's seller protection.

Normally, if I were you, I'd just tend to assume that they were inexperienced and pay in my normal time frame, TBH.

But as they're ignoring your email, whilst still sending out invoices, I'd be a bit concerned that there might be other issues with this seller?

I'd age it like fine wine and pay at 3 days and 23 hours, but that's just my passive aggressive side talking....LOL!!

:roflmfao::lolots:

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that comment is hilarious.

I am a buyer who pays immediately after winning an auction UNLESS i happen to bid through my phone.

It really drove me crazy when I was on vacation and received an message from a seller reimbursing me my money and told me if I was still interested in the item I had to repay. I didn't have internet access and asked her if I could pay when I returned on Monday. She replied that if I don't pay by Sunday, she will relist the item. :cursing:

I always pay right away lest I forget. :P

No need to send out two invoices in one day and no need to be pushy about it. But...as a seller, if I hear nothing from a buyer by day four, I give them one more polite reminder and then file an NPB if I hear nothing within a day or so. There are so many NPBs out there that most sellers aren't very hopeful after four days have gone by.