Seller claims she lost bag?

I don't buy "losing the bag". ITA with some of the other posters that you should probably just walk away from this deal. If someone cannot locate a handbag in their home, can you imagine the state of their home? Sounds like seller's remorse.

So has anything new happened??
This is classic.

She finally found it this weekend. I then asked her if she'd be willing to ship FedEx if I sent her a label and paid for it on my account (USPS tracking is a joke and we have a LOT of problems getting deliveries from them right now). She says, I don't know where FedEx is. I say, if you send your address I'll be happy to look it up and see; I totally understand if the closest one is a long way away but often there's a drop very close.

She refuses, which I think is kind of rude to not even let me check (if the reason is really inconvenience), especially after the whole "I lost it" crap, and offers to ship UPS instead. I decide UPS is better than USPS at least, and say fine, and by the way, even if it weighs 8 lb, UPS insured is only $12, instead of $26 she's asking for for USPS. USPS probably actually does cost that much, and in my opinion it's too much. I haven't demanded a shipping cost adjustment, I just let her know I know that.

She emails back something, and included in the email is her telling me this bag retailed for over 2K and Im' getting such a good deal. . . like I don't know what bags retail for. . . and by the way, it's used, it has two pen marks on it, etc.

So I pay this morning, and then after I pay notice she has opened an unpaid item dispute! I go in, and she says we've mutually agreed not to complete the transaction! I reply that we most certainly have NOT, and about two hours later I get an email from her saying "I can't sell you the bag" and a PP refund.

At this point I'm super super pissed and have reported her to eBay - not the least of which for jerking me around for five days. As a friend of mine said, she either a) decided that I wasn't going to put up with her crap and therefore was likely to be dissatisfied (which doesn't negate the agreement to sell the bag, and btw she's going to get one HELL of a negative now) b) decided she didn't want to sell the bag at all at this price or c) has some other offer.

Oh, and I whitepages.com'd her to get her mailing address - there's a FedEx drop ONE MILE from where she lives. . . I totally get "I won't do FedEx because I had a bad experience with them" or "I won't do FedEx because I pad shipping to make extra $," but "I won't do it because it's inconvenient" is b.s. here. . .

This seller is nuts!!! I think you should feel happy not having completed the transaction with her. How rude and dishonest! Please do not forget to leave her a NEG!
Sorry you had to deal with this.

What a waste of space. She should have at least had the honesty to tell you straight away that she did not want to sell it due to the price (even if that is rubbish too). I hate this kind of losers who cant even tell it straight from behind a pc !

Sorry you were messed about :sad:

x