Seller claimed unpaid item, now what?

tatsu_k

Nov 17, 2010
Hi there ladies,

i know i might be wrong in this whole situation, but im just so upset. I have been buying from ebay for couple of years now, have 100% feedback, was always good on my payment, never had any problems, never myself left a bad feedback.

well, i won beautiful dress on Thursday, and with all those Thanksgiving holidays, Black friday and spending, i always had a time issue and limit spend on my card for the paypal payment. Anyway, i always send a payment within 3 days. This time i just realized today (4th day) that i did not pay for the dress yet. So i emailed the seller giving my apologies saying i will pay tonite. She replied: no problem, thanks for letting me know.

So i come home, and i see and unpaid claim opened... I mean, this made me so upset. I paid right away through paypal,i hope it is processed right away. does the seller closes the dispute? Or ebay recognizes the payment and closes the dispute? I really did not have anything like that before. Also, it states that i cannot leave a feedback for the seller because of the dispute opened. Will that also go away? Did i do the right thing for paying right away?

I mean, the seller was so nice to me, said wait until evening, and then filed claim saying nothing. I think thats just rude. It made me feel like im running from payment or hiding from seller, which is not true. Im sorry for letting it out like that. :shucks:

I wouldn't get too upset a lot of sellers have it set up so that on the 4th day the dispute is automatically opened. She may have totally forgot her settings are set as such but nonetheless, I wouldn't worry about it as long as you pay soon :smile:

well, seller has only 70 feedbacks, i doubt the claim is automatic

i paid with paypal as soon as i saw the claim. it was an hour ago and the claim is still opened..

Yup, I have 250 fb and I have this set up automatically. If the buyer complains, I point out that it's an automatic Ebay feature (though it's only had to kick in once and the buyer paid almost immediately once it was opened)

As others have said, do not take it personally it was probably done automatically

As a seller I had have buyers who email saying they will pay after the 4th day and I tell them no problem but that ebay will automatically open an unpaid item case at the end of day 4 but the case will close as soon as they pay. I do remind them though that once the case opens they have 4 days to pay. Most of the time they do pay.It is easier to do this than to turn off the automatic case opener for one transaction and it protects me in case no payment is made.