Seller Cancelled all BIDS- now item is relisted as BIN

Lolofalana

Sep 16, 2007
So seller seekadoo has a Zac Posen Apple Clutch up on ebay. It had been there for awhile as a BIN for like $400. Nobody bought it. So it was relisted as an aution (No reserve) and was set to end today. However, I was emailed last night saying auction had been cancelled by the seller (no reason given).

Now the same item is back up this morning with only a BIN. I am not sure if there is anything I can do, it just seems very unfair and wrong.

Any advice?

The seller reslisted with a BIN. I don't see anything unfair or wrong about it. The seller is free to list her auction however she wants. If it was your auction, you would make these choices, too. Just move on to the next item if you don't agree with the price. Good luck!

no i disagree if you put an auction up as no reserve you should see it through to the bitter end imo. i dont think i would go so far as to say it was unfair but yes dissapointing from the buyers point of veiw . If a seller has no intention:yes: of selling her bag at a certain price she should sell it with a reserve or a bin and not a no reserve auction.

Maybe I worded incorrectly...but my point is that I think it is wrong as a seller to cancel your item just because people weren't bidding like you thought they should. If they wanted a certain price than start the item close to the price point or add a reserve to it.

I personally would never cancel an item I had listed because the bids weren't coming in what I wanted. I think if you expect your item to sale at a certain price make sure you do what you need to do while listing the item, not a week later.

The seller reslisted with a BIN. I don't see anything unfair or wrong about it. The seller is free to list her auction however she wants. If it was your auction, you would make these choices, too. Just move on to the next item if you don't agree with the price. Good luck!

Maybe you missed the point KZ, the seller cancelled the auction style the night before it was set end and relisted at a higher BIN.

I agree, a person can list at a price they want, but this is the same as being to scared the auction won't go as high as you want and refusing to sell. eBay has a policy for this, it is called a reserve auction.

OP- what was the reason listed for the cancellation? Was it "item no longer for sale" or "error in listing" or something else entirely?

Since they effectively tried to do a reserve auction (and didn't pay eBay the fees) could it be circumvention of fees?

The seller is within their rights to end an auction for any reason provided it's 24 hours or more before end of bidding. Seller still has to pay insertion fees though.