seller/buyer dispute over a LV on ebay?

A buyer will usually know whether it is fake or genuine. This happened to me a year ago. I bidded on a handbag after the seller wrote the handbag is genuine and does not believe in replicas & fakes. Believing this, I obviously bidded and hoped to grab a bargain which i did. Little did I know ...I was going to be taken in as a mug. The item arived in a dodgy box in a dodgy dustbox...the type you find when you visit replica websites when surfing the net because of curiusity. The stitching was all tacky and disgusing in comparison to LV's high standard. I was so upset and disgusted that a seller could wrongly do this. If for example they had not marked item as genuine, than fine, that is up to them & I wouldn't have bidded. I got all my money back immediately and as promised I did not report, however I did kindly ask to make sure in future they do not mark item as genuine if it is not. Sometimes if ppl have recieved as gifts, they are quite happy and feel they have been given a real LV, however, they must look at packaging, dustbags, quality, seams, boxes, items...by visiting an LV boutique & then they will know exactly how an expert can spot a fake from a real one! Hope this helps, however, please remember ebay will look at and take these matters very seriously and if found guilty of selling replicas or fakes as genuines can lead to repurcussions.

Last edited:
A buyer will usually know whether it is fake or genuine. This happened to me a year ago. I bidded on a handbag after the seller wrote the handbag is genuine and does not believe in replicas & fakes. Believing this, I obviously bidded and hoped to grab a bargain which i did. Little did I know ...I was going to be taken in as a mug. The item arived in a dodgy box in a dodgy dustbox...the type you find when you visit replica websites when surfing the net because of curiusity. The stitching was all tacky and disgusing in comparison to LV's high standard. I was so upset and disgusted that a seller could wrongly do this. If for example they had not marked item as genuine, than fine, that is up to them & I wouldn't have bidded. I got all my money back immediately and as promised I did not report, however I did kindly ask to make sure in future they do not mark item as genuine if it is not. Sometimes if ppl have recieved as gifts, they are quite happy and feel they have been given a real LV, however, they must look at packaging, dustbags, quality, seams, boxes, items...by visiting an LV boutique & then they will know exactly how an expert can spot a fake from a real one! Hope this helps, however, please remember ebay will look at and take these matters very seriously and if found guilty of selling replicas or fakes as genuines can lead to repurcussions.

Sellers are not supposed to list fakes AT ALL. This means whether they state it as 'genuine' or not. A fake is a fake and should not be on eBay.
OP, please check this forum to authenticate the bag. They have helped me a lot.

Please post photos of the bag you sold in AUTH THIS LV http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...tton-please-read-rules-use-format-492038.html and if authenticated, you can send the buyer a link. You can also email your ebay auction to [email protected], and for small fee, she can authenticate and will send you an email as to same, which you could provide to the buyer. Carol is a freelance handbag authenticator, worked for years for MyPoupette, and specializes in LV.
Other than that.. if the buyer files a SNAD claim w/ PP, often times PP will put the liability of proving the handbag fake onto the buyer. You would have to wait and see if buyer files a claim or not.

Has the buyer filed a claim? And do you have a receipt from a store for purchase of the bag?

thanks for everyone's response! I do have the original receipt from the LV store, and the buyer has not filed a claim yet. She said she brought the bag to LV store in her area and the store deemed it was FAKE. I am posting the pic to the AUTH THIS LV now, and i will bring the bag back to my LV store if it is proved fake.

To the best of my knowledge, LV SA's are NOT authorized nor educated to authenticate. They are hired to SELL, not to authenticate.

Email her A COPY of the reciept, a link to ATLV and if you like a link to caroldiva.com. Then wait to see if she pursues.

To the best of my knowledge, LV SA's are NOT authorized nor educated to authenticate. They are hired to SELL, not to authenticate.

Email her A COPY of the reciept, a link to ATLV and if you like a link to caroldiva.com. Then wait to see if she pursues.

This is correct--in addition, many SA's are just not knowledgable enough to distinguish a "good" fake from an authentic, especially with a vintage bag. You may also need written proof; you can use caroldiva or authentic-luxury.

I have had this happen to me...not really LV, a diff designer. Worse, buyer returned it to me 3 weeks after, and it has been worn. So worn that the handles have already lost its shine. Buyer said it is because she brought it to 3 diff stores and SAs told her it is a fake.
I used to pay other sites/people to authenticate my items. But now, I only use tPF. Because, not only are the members very knowledgeable, they truly care and are passionate about it. Plus of course it is free.

SA at LV aren't allowed to deem it as a fake. I suggest referring her to an authorized authenticator for proof. Chances are she just changed her mind and is using it as an excuse to back out.