Sell to fund Chanel?

Brucewayne13

Jan 9, 2016
Hello! I wanted your opinion on wether I should sell some of my current LV to fund Chanel's boy bag. I have the chanel m/l flap bag, mono neverfull mm, pochette metis, mews, tp19. So this list takes care of the crossbody, tote, shoulder bag, cosmetic bag needs. I am thinking of selling mono Montaigne mm - which is my most expensive LV bag and the price Yoogi's is offering is less than half so I am very hesitant, favorite mm (it has a bump on the flap and I am bummed), and tp26. I haven't used the Montaigne and tp26 in over a year. Selling these 3 items will make up for half the cost of a boy bag so I still have to cough up the rest. I haven't tried on the boy bag but I simply love it on others. Wondering if I will miss these 3 when they are gone and I am still paying for the boy! Thoughts?

Reactions: iLuvBeauty
i wouldn't sell anything until you've actually visited a boutique and touched the boy bag and tried it on and put your stuff inside. you're planning to buy a bag you've got no hands-on experience with, so until you're sure you'll really like it for yourself i'd hold off on selling. try fashionphile or ann's fabulous finds for your consignment; yoogi's gives dreadful quotes

Thanks for the tips guys! I should definitely stop by the Chanel store to try on the bag.
On a side note I had gotten quotes from Fashionpile before but since I am in Canada they wanted to split the duty they could be charged on the bag with me. So I said no thanks. Yoogis offered the same amount without the duties nonsense. I haven't tried Ann's, I'll check if they take items from Canada.

Thanks for the tips guys! I should definitely stop by the Chanel store to try on the bag.
On a side note I had gotten quotes from Fashionpile before but since I am in Canada they wanted to split the duty they could be charged on the bag with me. So I said no thanks. Yoogis offered the same amount without the duties nonsense. I haven't tried Ann's, I'll check if they take items from Canada.

They always say that, but I've never actually had to pay any duties and I've sold to Fashionphile many times. They definitely pay more than Yoogis.

I would try selling it on your own. Do you have any local Facebook groups you belong to? Sometimes that's a great way to avoid the evil bay fees and hassle. Taking a hit of less than 50% when they will make close to full price? Doesn't doing a little extra work and selling it your self seem worth the extra $$ when you can get close to full price? And think about how much closer to your boy you'll be with double the $$?! Unless money is no issue, then by all means, disregard my above ramblings.

I guess I'm a bit of a cheap skate and if you aren't going to buy the boy straight away, why not?

If you aren't using them, totally sell them to fund your Boy. I love my Boy bag and have no regrets selling the LV bag I did to fund it. I got the New Medium Boy and love the size. The Old Medium Boy is smaller and doesn't hold as much, but seems to be the most popular size. Good luck with your decision! There are FB groups you could try selling on.

Reactions: Havanese 28
If you're even questioning whether to sell it or not then I would say you're better off selling it as it means you're probably not very attached to it and with the money you can buy something that you would be!

If you're even questioning whether to sell it or not then I would say you're better off selling it as it means you're probably not very attached to it and with the money you can buy something that you would be!
Agree!! Even if you don't end up getting a boy bag, it seems that you aren't using these bags and aren't itching to bring them back into your rotation. So I'd also say to sell!

I personally have two boy bags and LOVE them, but you should definitely try it out for yourself to see which size and type you want!

Reactions: Kellybuzzbuzz
Hello! I wanted your opinion on wether I should sell some of my current LV to fund Chanel's boy bag. I have the chanel m/l flap bag, mono neverfull mm, pochette metis, mews, tp19. So this list takes care of the crossbody, tote, shoulder bag, cosmetic bag needs. I am thinking of selling mono Montaigne mm - which is my most expensive LV bag and the price Yoogi's is offering is less than half so I am very hesitant, favorite mm (it has a bump on the flap and I am bummed), and tp26. I haven't used the Montaigne and tp26 in over a year. Selling these 3 items will make up for half the cost of a boy bag so I still have to cough up the rest. I haven't tried on the boy bag but I simply love it on others. Wondering if I will miss these 3 when they are gone and I am still paying for the boy! Thoughts?
This is pushing me to sell my unused Celine Edge. I love it but I'm not grabbing for it like I used to. I'm looking at the websites everyone mentioned but also considering selling myself. I don't have alot of people I know that are into designer handbags though....

The Chanel boy is pretty :smile: I'm thinking about doing some saving/possible selling and deciding on something like Hermes, another Fendi in selleria or Chanel.