Sell the Gabrielle or the GST?

Which should I sell?

• Total voters
Jun 6, 2010
Hoping I can ask you all for your expert help! I’m a huge Chanel fan but I just feel my bag collection has grown too big over the years (not just Chanel), and I’m really looking to pare down. I currently have a jumbo caviar classic flap GHW, a vintage lamb skin classic flap GHW, a caviar WOC GHW, a reissue 225 in RHW and a Chevron boy flap RHW, then the two bags in question: the GST in ghw and the Small Gabby hobo in beige/black. Other than the Gabby, all my Chanel bags are black.

Of my Chanel bags, the gst and the Gabby get used the least, even though I just purchase them last year in early 2019. The GST was a bag I always wanted but couldn’t afford when it was in boutiques, so I jumped at the chance to buy it... I love how it looks on other people but I do find that all the criticisms that other people have of it also ring true for me (chain straps won’t stay on, too boxy for its size). I also find it a bit ostentatious and it makes me self conscious to use even though it’s so beautiful.

I got the Gabby because I wanted something more low key, and I love that I got it in -not black-, so it’s such a nice change in my wardrobe. I loved it and wore it a lot at first but lately I’ve cooled on it... it just feels trendy to me and I’m starting to feel others’ criticisms of it as well (the chains are fussy and annoying, it looks AWFUL the more you use it because of the slouching). If I could go back in time, I feel like I wouldn’t purchase the Gabby again and would have gone instead for the cocohandle or the 19 bag.

I feel like I really have a love-hate relationship with these bags in that they’re not the most comfortable to wear but they’re both beautiful in their own right.

What do you think of these bags?Should I keep one over the other or just sell them both? TIA!

I‘m not sure if that would help but I have the Gabrielle in medium and use an organizer so that it keeps its shape. Maybe that will help you since you seem annoyed about the structure loss.

I‘m not sure if that would help but I have the Gabrielle in medium and use an organizer so that it keeps its shape. Maybe that will help you since you seem annoyed about the structure loss.
Thanks for the advice! Since I have the small, I feel like using an organizer would just make me lose so much space, so I’m not really interested in using a bag organizer for it :sad:

Hoping I can ask you all for your expert help! I’m a huge Chanel fan but I just feel my bag collection has grown too big over the years (not just Chanel), and I’m really looking to pare down. I currently have a jumbo caviar classic flap GHW, a vintage lamb skin classic flap GHW, a caviar WOC GHW, a reissue 225 in RHW and a Chevron boy flap RHW, then the two bags in question: the GST in ghw and the Small Gabby hobo in beige/black. Other than the Gabby, all my Chanel bags are black.

Of my Chanel bags, the gst and the Gabby get used the least, even though I just purchase them last year in early 2019. The GST was a bag I always wanted but couldn’t afford when it was in boutiques, so I jumped at the chance to buy it... I love how it looks on other people but I do find that all the criticisms that other people have of it also ring true for me (chain straps won’t stay on, too boxy for its size). I also find it a bit ostentatious and it makes me self conscious to use even though it’s so beautiful.

I got the Gabby because I wanted something more low key, and I love that I got it in -not black-, so it’s such a nice change in my wardrobe. I loved it and wore it a lot at first but lately I’ve cooled on it... it just feels trendy to me and I’m starting to feel others’ criticisms of it as well (the chains are fussy and annoying, it looks AWFUL the more you use it because of the slouching). If I could go back in time, I feel like I wouldn’t purchase the Gabby again and would have gone instead for the cocohandle or the 19 bag.

I feel like I really have a love-hate relationship with these bags in that they’re not the most comfortable to wear but they’re both beautiful in their own right.

What do you think of these bags?Should I keep one over the other or just sell them both? TIA!
I love my Gabrielle! Granted the chains are a bit fussy, but I have the So Black and I get so many compliments. No one has ever even really noticed my classic reissue. I feel like the Gabby is just unique enough to catch attention, but still a bucket so not overly trendy or loud.

Reactions: CherryHeart
I’ve always wanted the GST. It just looks so nice but I do agree the chain strap doesn’t sit nicely on my shoulders. I didn’t get it when it first came out but now that I want one, it has been discontinued.

The Gabrielle is one of my favorite bags. Even though I don’t wear is as often now, I still love it. It is just such a different style compare to my Jumbo, Coco handle, mini rectangular squares. It’s edgy and can elevate even a plain outfit. The chain is a little heavy and a little fussy to deal with sometimes, but I still like the bag design.

I honestly would keep both.

Reactions: CherryHeart
I’ve always wanted the GST. It just looks so nice but I do agree the chain strap doesn’t sit nicely on my shoulders. I didn’t get it when it first came out but now that I want one, it has been discontinued.

The Gabrielle is one of my favorite bags. Even though I don’t wear is as often now, I still love it. It is just such a different style compare to my Jumbo, Coco handle, mini rectangular squares. It’s edgy and can elevate even a plain outfit. The chain is a little heavy and a little fussy to deal with sometimes, but I still like the bag design.

I honestly would keep both.
We sound like bag twins! The GST was on my wish list for so long but now that I have it, I feel like it might not work for my current lifestyle. I’ve used it twice in a year of owning it.
Same with the Gabby, I was instantly in love with it for the exact reasons you mentioned but it’s because I’ve started to find it fussy and I don’t reach for it as often I just think it may no longer be right for me.

I feel like I’m looking for reasons to hold on tot he Gabby... and I love the idea of the GST more than I actually love the bag.