Sell speedy to fund speedy b?

akimoto

Innocent Bystander
O.G.
Mar 4, 2011
Hello, I have the monogram speedy 25 for years now (since 2005). I like the speedy b cos it's so much more versatile than the classic version. Should I sell it to fund the new speedy b?

Also, I don't see speedy b on the website anymore, do you know if it is still available?

ETA: Reminder that selling/buying/trading is not permitted on tPF.

Last edited by a moderator:
akimoto said:
Hello, I have the monogram speedy 25 for years now (since 2005). I like the speedy b cos it's so much more versatile than the classic version. Should I sell it to fund the new speedy b?

Also, I don't see speedy b on the website anymore, do you know if it is still available?

When I was looking on the website last night I couldn't get the product detail to load on speedy b 30, but I got the speedy b 25 to load and then it let me chose a different size. It has been a little finicky.
I hope this helps you find it. I didn't look for it on there tonight.

If your 25 is too small but you love it getting a B35 makes sense.

I sold my regular speedy to fund my speedy b 30. I like the look of the regular speedy but as far as function goes the speedy b is hands down the best. I was even rotating out my regular mono speedy 30 with my ebene speedy and since I got the speedy b I'm not liking my ebene speedy as well. I think it looks better handheld but there are just some times when you need to sling it over your shoulder!

If you are able I would keep the 25 and save for a speedy b 30!

Sounds like either way, I should still keep my speedy! Thanks for your suggestions ladies. I think I will keep my regular speedy. It's a classic :smile:

The reason why I have a 25 is because the 30 looked too big on me, like as if I was carrying a luggage. Alos, the shape changes for 30 when you put stuff in, I didn't like it then but now the more I look at it, the more i like it! :biggrin: At that time it was only $50 more for a 30 than a 25, is it still the case?

In the future, if I still like the speedy b then I'll get the new one. Yes probably a speedy b 30. For now the straps on the speedy b sucked me in because I was sick of holding the regular all the time whilst I was on holiday. Holidaying is the only time I prefer a strap then just the handle.

Akimoto- I have no idea why I kept using speedy b 30 & 35 in my reply when you didn't even say you wanted a bigger size. I think I have Speedy b 35 on the brain since I am thinking of buying one!

Akimoto- I have no idea why I kept using speedy b 30 & 35 in my reply when you didn't even say you wanted a bigger size. I think I have Speedy b 35 on the brain since I am thinking of buying one!

Lol I think because most ladies here with the 30s and 35s are preferring that. It's cool, I'm starting to like the bigger sized one now. :cool:

Ladies with the speedy b, do you often use the strap or mostly just carry it by the handles?

Hi,

To answer this question, I use the strap and wear it cross body a lot, but I also use it by the handles when I am without kids or shopping bags. I actually walked into my LV boutique today and they were gushing about how great my Speedy B 40 looked cross body on me. They were sold out of what I was looking for so I went down to Saks to find it and the LV gals there were gushing as well. It was kinda funny. I felt so cool:smile:

Also, to answer your question that started this thread - I was contemplating selling my Speedy 30 to fund my Speedy B 40, but I decided to hold onto it. My best friend thinks this is funny, but I figured that if nothing else, I can one day hand over my Speedy 30 to my daughter - Yeah, um, she's only three now:P Totally nuts, right?

Ladies with the speedy b, do you often use the strap or mostly just carry it by the handles?

Most of the time I wear it with the strap. I only carry it without the strap when I don't have my daughter with me or I am going out. When shopping it is soooooooooooo great to sling it over your shoulder and keep it moving.

I like the idea of owning a speedy B instead of the normal speedy in size 25. I've got a few size 30 handheld so speedy with a strap makes a nice difference!

When I was looking on the website last night I couldn't get the product detail to load on speedy b 30, but I got the speedy b 25 to load and then it let me chose a different size. It has been a little finicky.
I hope this helps you find it. I didn't look for it on there tonight.

If your 25 is too small but you love it getting a B35 makes sense.

I just ordered the Speedy B this week, I had that problem with LV's website ALL WEEK, so annoying! I finally had to call to order it. She just arrived, I haven't opened her up yet!

Sounds like either way, I should still keep my speedy! Thanks for your suggestions ladies. I think I will keep my regular speedy. It's a classic :smile:

The reason why I have a 25 is because the 30 looked too big on me, like as if I was carrying a luggage. Alos, the shape changes for 30 when you put stuff in, I didn't like it then but now the more I look at it, the more i like it! :biggrin: At that time it was only $50 more for a 30 than a 25, is it still the case?

In the future, if I still like the speedy b then I'll get the new one. Yes probably a speedy b 30. For now the straps on the speedy b sucked me in because I was sick of holding the regular all the time whilst I was on holiday. Holidaying is the only time I prefer a strap then just the handle.

I have a regular speedy 30 that is now around 9 years old. I just got a strap this summer from LV. It was a thin one that is adjustable. I think it was $265. I don't carry much so my bag is never really "heavy". I use the strap for the grocery store or for times when I feel like I need my hands. Most of the time, I use my strap for my pochette. It is just such a nice option to have and you can keep the strap in your bag and just use for times you really need it. There is a thread a gal did of using this strap on her speedy 25 and it looked so cute! That is what gave me the idea. The SA just told me to remember to alternate the hook on the handle each time. You can search for the thread with speedy 25 with strap or something like that. I am on my iPad so it is harder for me to go back and search. Hope this helps!