Sell or keep?

deedeedor

O.G.
Dec 3, 2011
I was once obsessed with chanel and collected classic purses and wallets. Now i switch gear to hermes, they have been sitting in the closet.

Especially for wallets, i tend to just one the one wallet. And i have got so many brand new wallet sitting in box.

Shall i keep them in box for ten more years to pass on to my daughter? Or shall i just sell them off at 50%off with cosignment store?

I was evem thinking of selling off the chanel bags..but cant part with them yet...

Maybe the wallet first?

I dont really need the cash...just really dont have any use for the extra wallet. Lol.

Please share ur thoughts if you have same problems as me. =)

If you don't need the cash, then I say keep them for your daughter. With the frequent price increases, it may be wise to keep them especially if they are brand new.

If you don't need the cash, then I say keep them for your daughter. With the frequent price increases, it may be wise to keep them especially if they are brand new.

But then of course there is the risk the daughter does not like them. She may have her own style?
I did not like Chanel until I was older - I am now just starting off with Chanel - before that I was a Louis Vuitton girl.

I don't like any of the things my mother liked........just saying.......:graucho:

U r right.. thats what i thought...thats y they having sitting there...ayaya. duno what to do with them

But then of course there is the risk the daughter does not like them. She may have her own style?
I did not like Chanel until I was older - I am now just starting off with Chanel - before that I was a Louis Vuitton girl.

I don't like any of the things my mother liked........just saying.......:graucho:

I guess...maybe another 20yrs? She is only 6 now haha

I would sell them. It's romantic to think about passing things on, but I have seen many teenagers who want new things and not hand-me-downs.
It is the new culture and hand-me-downs and "used" goods don't seem treasured these days.

Chanel is valued today so you can sell it and get some money for it. It was not so "hot" say in the 1990s when the style was the minimalist look. No one fashionable would wear a "gold chain" bag (tacky and dated was the thought back then). So, I would sell them. Plus, in 20 years, it will be a really really old wallet or handbag.

My guy feeling is that if you are now buying Hermes and other luxury brands... you have the means when your daughter gets older that you can get her a new one and the style that is the one she really wants and is in fashion at that time. Who knows, it may not be a Chanel. She may not care about bags but love something else.

I know me... I would not want to give my daughter my old stuff. I would want to get her a brand new bag of her choice, even if it's a bag I already own of the same style. I want it to be "her" bag, brand new, with love from mom and dad.

Just my two cents.

Sell them. I know Chanel has traditional lines and many styles don't change, but who wants a 20 year old wallet. They are several years old now and are not of sentimental value. You might find some consignment place that doesn't charge so much.

I would sell them. It's romantic to think about passing things on, but I have seen many teenagers who want new things and not hand-me-downs.
It is the new culture and hand-me-downs and "used" goods don't seem treasured these days.

Chanel is valued today so you can sell it and get some money for it. It was not so "hot" say in the 1990s when the style was the minimalist look. No one fashionable would wear a "gold chain" bag (tacky and dated was the thought back then). So, I would sell them. Plus, in 20 years, it will be a really really old wallet or handbag.

My guy feeling is that if you are now buying Hermes and other luxury brands... you have the means when your daughter gets older that you can get her a new one and the style that is the one she really wants and is in fashion at that time. Who knows, it may not be a Chanel. She may not care about bags but love something else.

I know me... I would not want to give my daughter my old stuff. I would want to get her a brand new bag of her choice, even if it's a bag I already own of the same style. I want it to be "her" bag, brand new, with love from mom and dad.

Just my two cents.

Thank you so much for taking your time to put in ur suggestion. You have made some good points.

I will consider doing that.

The reason i was thinking of keeping them for my daughter, is because she already kinda have the sense of fashion and love the bags i am collecting already. Although she is only 6, she kinda develop her taste in things she like. And to my surprise, she actually really love the classic line from chanel. Maybe it was just kids wanting to be like mom. I am not sure. Thats why i thought gifting to her when she hits teenager will be a choice?

For used wallet...i probably will just sell them..

For brand new ones... i dont know yet..

I'm the same. I hate to see my stuff un-use in box. I usually sell them on eBay and Consignment Store.

I actually still rotate and use my chanel bags from time to time. Gifted a few to my mom. But i normally just carry my birkin n kelly for work. Its so much bigger and more practical than the chanel classics...

But my love for chanel holds me back from selling them...

It has that lady in it that hermes cannot replace.

Maybe for chanel bags... i should just use it more..

For used chanel wallet...i should sell

For new chanel wallets... what am i going to do with it???